Friday 26 March 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge


Well this is another first for me, the Play Date Cafe Challenge.  I was mooching around on Sarah's blog and was inspired to have a go. I used a Wendy Vecchi stamp, tissue paper and pva glue to make the flower.  I have coloured the flower with DI inks Tumbled Glass and Victorian Velvet (which I absolutely love).  It took me a while then to decide what to do with the flower, but after re-organising my room I found a cute square canvas which was ideal.  The canvas was simply painted with acrylic's and embellished with a heart and buttons.

I made several flowers with the pva glue so whilst I was on a roll I made a card too.  Again I used the DI inks on glossy card and spritzed with water.
Now I have a little more time on my hands I have time to look through my years of stash and find things I'd forgotten about, like these metal hearts.  Did I tell everyone I collect hearts, I love them.





15 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely!! Looks much more like the work you used to make, getting back to the old you I see!
I recognise that heart! LOL
Sue

Suzanne C said...

Lovely textures! Very pretty! Love how you have blended all the different elements so beautifully. Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Michele said...

This is lovely!

Ruby said...

Love what you've done with our challenge this week! As Suzanne said lovely textures! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe Challenge. Hope to see you next week too! :o)

Unknown said...

Beautiful canvas, Tracy! I love the Scrabble tiles!! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!! We hope you will return next week for an all new challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful canvas! Love the tissue flower you created. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! Love the flower you created! The canvas is just FAB!

Julie Ranae said...

Sarah's friend Julie here....so glad you found us at The Play Date Cafe...this is SO fab! Love the dimension and the colors are terrific!

Come follow me over at Julie's Open Window...would love to have you.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

YES YES YES--great texture! Love that flower! And that heart--love it! LOVE this whole project;) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous piece of artwork! Love all the dimension & texture! Thanks for joining us this week at the Play Date Cafe - hope you come join the fun next week!

jo said...

This is fabulous!!!!!

Hanne said...

Beautiful canvas and card!

Sarah Anderson said...

Tracy I'm so glad you played, this is stunning :)

Julie Ranae said...

Tracy...Congratulations! You made the Fab 4 over at The Play Date Cafe. There's a badge on our side bar that you can cut & paste and display proudly on your blog : )

Look forward to you playing again this week!

Vicki Bray said...

Congratulations on the Fab 4! Your card is stunning! Love how you did that flower!