Saturday 27 March 2010

Stampotique Easter Challenge

Over on the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog there is a new challenge, with the theme being Easter.  On my previous post I mentioned that after a good rummage through my craft room I found these small square canvases, so I thought I would use a second for this challenge.  With the challenge being Easter I thought I would kill two birds with one stone as the saying goes, and make this as an Easter card/canvas for my daughter Laura who loves to receive anything handmade.

As this is for Laura I have added a few extra little embellishments.  The canvas is simply coloured with DI inks and spritzed with water.  I have added torn paper for texture and sponged paint through sequin waste.  I have stamped the Stampotique image onto copier paper, coloured and adhered to canvas.  To complete, I have simply added embellishments and a strip of paper flowers that I also found in one of my many cupboards.

I am making the most of the free time I have at the moment as I pick my new pup up on Monday, when I think I may have my hands full for a few days, but fingers crossed I will still have time to enjoy my crafting.  Have a good weekend and happy crafting!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Tracy, GOOD JOB! I like the idea of making a bit of home decor! What a great idea! Love it!
Carol@Stampotique

Basement Stamper said...

This is great, I love the canvas! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

A wonderful combination. Love the layout. Lots of gorgeous detail.
And awwwwwwwwwwwww pug pup!!!! I'm not really a doggy person but the sheer sound of a pug pup makes me go all 'awwwwwwwwwwwww'. PLEASE post pics wont you.

Anonymous said...

wonderful canvas