Sunday 28 March 2010

Sunday Stamper - BIRDS

Over on Hels Sheridan's blog it is Sunday Stamper challenge and the theme is BIRDS.

Many moons ago my friend Sue came home from one of her many trips abroad with this metal house type thingy me bob.  I have had this for a long time wondering what to do with it and when I saw the challenge for Sunday Stamper it came to me.

I applied gesso primer to the metal and wiped away any excess and then added a little Stewart Gill paint with a few drops of alcohol ink applied over the top.  I rubbed away any excess paint with a cloth.  I have stamped a few leaves here and there from an Autumn Leaves set of stamps (Fine & Dandy) using Stazon black ink.   I have added Maya Road birds and branches for embellishments along with a wooden heart.



On the inside I cut a piece of mountboard to size, used the Tim Holtz mask and painted with Stewart Gill (Pacific) as before with very few highlights of Sugarplum.  Removed the mask and added a second Maya Road bird.

Hope you enjoy my interpretation of the challenge BIRDS.....

2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow, this is amazing..thanks for joining in with the challenge x

Lori said...

This is STUNNING! I absolutely LOVE IT! Great job!