Sunday 18 April 2010

Another Colour Splash Week


The Play Date Cafe challenge this time is another colour splash week.  I like the idea of just using a splash of colour on a project, it gives you a chance to work outside the box, and work a little differently to how I normally would approach making a project. 

I also find the challenges a great idea as it encourages me to rummage through my stash and use not just new but old products alongside each other.

This week I have kept my project simple but I am quite please with the final result.  If you would like to see more great artwork for this weeks challenge pop over to the Play Date Cafe here.

This week I chose to do some soot stamping, not had a go at this for a long while, its simple but very effective.  I have
used the tree from Character Constructions which I absolutely love, I find this image great for halloween projects too (nothing like thinking ahead LOL).   To complete, I have added Tim's Tattered Florals and the definition 'Imagine'.  The colour splash weeks are great, you can achieve great results with simple ideas.  Enjoy your crafting, Tracy xx

11 comments:

Ruby said...

Great card Tracy, I love the tree you've used, and your flower looks fab! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Paul B said...

Wow I haven't seen soot stamping in a while, in fact I'd forgotten all about this technique until now. What a beautiful card you've made with it and I love how your flower goes outside of the card's edge. P x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very unique piece of art here.
Hey, we have a new challenge blog coming up 4/20, hop over and join in the fun. www.citycrafter.blogspot.com

Lisa Somerville said...

Great card, love the soot stamping. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Great idea to use soot stamping for the splash challenge! Lovely image. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love it!! Such a great feel to this card, and you've used the color scheme beautifully!

Tenia Nelson said...

Greta card!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH--that tree is FAB! Love it-thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

This is so unique and beautiful.. love it, Tracy! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!!

Sarah Anderson said...

What a brilliant idea to use soot stamping for this colour challenge! I've never tried it. Your card looks really great. Thanks for choosing the play date colours to work with.

Julie Ranae said...

Tracy....what a wonderful color splash entry...it's so great having you play with us in The Cafe : )