Wednesday 28 April 2010

WOYWW 28th April

Just wanted to start this Wednesday by saying a big THANK YOU for all your kind comments last week.  Quite a few of you asked to see the project on my desk from last week when it was completed so you can see that here.

There is not much on my desk this morning apart from the Play Date Cafe challenge, not done much since then, well apart from purchase a couple of things that is LOL.

So this week I thought I would show you my cupboards that are below eye level, oh and my purchases of course.  I've decided I'm becoming a little obsessed with storage at the moment, perhaps its all the blog hopping I'm doing to view everyone's desks, they are fantastic and some of you are so organised with products being colour co-ordinated etc, now that is very efficient.


This is to the right of my workdesk, as you can see the obsession with storage is very clear.  I will show you my new basked which is on top of the cupboards in more detail shortly. 

The basket that has items piled ontop of it is all the items I have been using for challenges and have not yet cleared away, job for tonight me thinks, or maybe I'll just start on the next thing and begin a new pile.

After viewing other desks last week I'm beginning to wonder whether I should sort all my draws out and label them so I know what's in there rather than rummaging through everytime I need something.  Mind you I do enjoy rummaging and finding something I thought I never had.....



Housed in this cupboard is my paints which I moved from a cupboard above my head, I thought it was about time I sorted and disposed of any I have never used and in some cases had dried up.

Now my paints, tintZ inks, Gesso, UTEE, embossing trays, and non stick sheets are all in easy access, rather than spending half an hour every time trying to find the right colour medium to use when I want to start a project, well thats the idea.

As I write I am still thinking I should apply this mentality to the rest of my cupboards, problem is there are not enough hours in the day to sort all my stash.




This is the cupboard next to the paints where I store most of my inkpads, ones that I do not use frequently (I seem to use my Distress Inks most of the time at the moment). 

I also store, pens, water colour pencils and buttons in this cupboard.   These are the only two cupboards at the moment where I can actually say I know what is in there.  Oh and to the left you can see my sponges piled high, these are make-up sponges that I purchased from a chemist a while ago and they are well used. 







Now to my purchases, I found this basket in Dunelm Mill and though it was ideal to house my alcohol inks, silicone glue, mini canvases and other small bits and bobs that I need to hand.  I love it and it was so cheap which makes it even better.  Think this basket would also be ideal for buttons etc.  Shame I don't have more space in my craft room, I would buy another one of these if I had LOL.





My last purchase this week was these letters ART, I absolutely love them and thought would look great in my crafting space.  Hope you all have a great Wednesday, until next time..... Tracy x x

To see many more fantastic desks on a Wednesday, pop over to the Stamping Ground here, its great fun.

58 comments:

Helen said...

Tracy, I have had a lovely rummage with you - love all your neat storage - those drawers under the basket (love the basket) - are they IKEA too? I could do with some more that size.

Yvonne said...

OMG .. I want need all of that storage .. Funny how many you buy it's still not enough .. Still on the look out for more myself .. but got to say LOVE < LOVE the ART word.. how beautiful is that!

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous Trace - what a luxuriusly fitted room! I have cupboards too - but after about six weeks I realised that I needed everything in baskets so I could access them properly - ink pads for example - rather than pile em up and knock em over reaching for the one at the back, I just pick ut he whole basket of dyes/pigments/chalks/whatever. I found I was re-tidying the cupboards more than using the contents!! Love the ART - are they huge or is it my imagination?

Jodene said...

I love your storage solutions, especially that little basket with all of the sections - just gorgeous!

Annie said...

What fab storage you have. I'm well impressed. Think I could spend many a happy hour in there :-)
A x

Mandy said...

omg I am speechless! those presses....all those goodies....craft heaven!

hugs mandyxx

Leanne said...

WOW WOW WOW and WOW again - I so want to come and live in your craft space. I love how organised you are!! LOL - want to come over to Dubai and sort mine out?!

Have a great day!

Leanne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Everything is nicely organized. Looks like you found the perfect system for you. And that is what is important.

I love your completed canvas and those letters are awesome. Seems like that basket will be a very handy storage space, too. Great purchases.

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, what fantastic storage, love all those drawers, where are they from? Love the hearts.

Sandie said...

nice, tidy, well organized! LOVE it!

Sue said...

Hi Tracy
your creations are beautiful, WOW all your lovely storage, you are so tidy & organised, fantastic space, luv the big art, have good day, sue,x

Juls said...

wow you are so organized! Thats amazing! hugs Juls

Lothian Crafts said...

Wow you are very organized. I love the ART letters.

Handmade with Love said...

Oh Tracy I love your stuff! I love all your storage it is making me quite weak at the knees and that new basket is brilliant. I love your latest creation and the ART word is fab too! Tracey xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful art and I have storage envy ... really bad!

Cath said...

OK now you are putting me to shame here with your organized ways.... I love all your storage, just wish I had some. The art letters are great, they will look good on the wall.

Paige said...

you have a wonderful crafting space. I love all the drawers and how neatly you store everything! that basket is a treat and I'm sure I could find 100's of uses for one :)

Esme said...

I love your storage!! Very organised and logical!!

Esme xx

Twiglet said...

That little creation is so pretty and you must surely be the Queen of storage!!!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, Tracy, all that fabby storage, I'm green with envy LOL. Love your new storage basket and the ART letters are stuning too!!

Jan x

Spyder said...

oh such lovely cupboards full of fabulous rummaging things!! Your basket is definitely a good idea!...and has give me one!
(Lyn)

A Hovel to Home said...

I want that storage Tracy, fabbie. Loving the basket from Dunelm, I need to have one of those.

Hugs
Kay

Foil Play said...

Beautifully organised storage, Tracy - I love your new letters too.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

The project is fabulous :) love the storage
Anne x

Michelle said...

What a beautiful craft room you have and such fantastic storage! I'm very jealous :-) Think i need to go shopping to Dunelm Mills really soon!
hugs
Michelle
x

Unknown said...

Love the word 'ART' Think I would have it on the wall (looks like you may need the top of the draws lol) love the sorting out. May have to get the little basket for the inks mmm

Love Dawn xx

HeARTworks said...

WOW! I am so impressed! It would take me years to get my stuff organized! I'll see if I can have my work area less messy by next week!

Rosie said...

Sheer bliss to see your wonderful tidy space and cupboards - like your style!! Good organisation means more time spent actually crafting as opposed to just looking for stuff you've put somewhere .....!

SallyB said...

What beautiful storage you have and it all matches! I have so much mix'n'match...but I have been tidying my desk a lot recently!
Love your ART word..a nice touch!

Diana said...

It must be my computer but I could only see the last photo...

Pam said...

Fab storage Hugs Pam x

Jan Hennings said...

So neat and beautiful storage :)

Unknown said...

Your cupboard is so nice and organized. Thank you for sharing your storage ideas. Also, love the basket!

Sarah said...

I really want that basket, now where could i put one?

Deb said...

oh wow, I love your well stocked cupboards, I would like to rummage there too! hugs Debx

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow FANTASTIC storage, very busy too. love the ART letters - those are cute.... do you plan to alter them or leave them plain?

Jane said...

Oooooo I would love to come for a play in your craftspace and have a nosey through all those drawers!lol

Nicki said...

LOVE all your storage! So neat and tidy, and you have so many coloured inks and stuff, it's gorgeous.

Nicki, xx

Angie said...

Firstly I love your completed project from last week ...absolutely brilliant.
Next I want your ART letters. and lastly I think those sectioned baskets are just what all crafters need so what we want is just there at hand.

Oh yes ..... dosen't it make you mad when paints etc dry up ...especially if you haven't even used them ...and were saving them for future use.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Last weeks project is awesome!!!
Fantastic storage and I really love that basket, I have a Dun Elm near me..I must pay a visit.
The ART letters were a definite must have.
Really enjoyed my snoop this week - Thank you!

xx

Julie said...

Wow - can't get over all your inks and paints. Love your finished project and those ART letters are fab! Juliex

Joey said...

Hiya Tracey

oh my gosh look at all of those inks and soooooooooo organised, love those letters you purchased.

Joey.xxx

Penni said...

Fabulous storage and so neat!!

Hugs
Penni
X

ikki said...

Your storage is amazing! and your stash, well double amazing, ikki x

Angela Toucan said...

awesome storage, what a lot of inks and paints - you are making me NEEEEEED some more. Love the ART piece - fits perfectly

Sarah said...

Thats is some storage, but doesn't it look lovely.
Amazed at all your stash - think mine needs to grow, lol.
tfs

Chrissie said...

Oh My Goodness!
Don't know what else to say really!
I am in awe of your stuff!
Chrissie

Sue from Oregon said...

oh love your new basket, goes with all your other wonderful storage!

Kathryn said...

OOOhhh, how I have longed for matching furniture! Your space looks wonderful and I am officially jealous! See you next week you lucky, lucky woman!
kat

Kirsty.A said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog re: Style Stones. I finished my first one, which I made up into a pendant. It's on my blog, is you want a look

airing cupboard crafts said...

Fabulous room. I love the ART letters xx

Kate said...

My desk is just one big basket waiting to be put away, well done on keeping things so tidy.

** kate **

Anonymous said...

Amazing storage space and even more amazing what's contained behind all those shut doors!

Hugs
Brenda

Tracey said...

Your artwork is fab and I love the ART letters too, soooo tidy and ooodles of lovely stash. Am still on my way round everyone, will I get there before next week!
x

Alisonw30 said...

I'm envious too! Love the ART letters x

Patrice said...

That's my kind of storage! You are so neat and organised. I love it.

Kathy said...

All your drawers look wonderfully organised and that basket is just fab

SDCrafts said...

Other crafters' storage ideas are always interesting; yours are mouthwatering! I love the ART letters - they say it all - you are clearly an artist, Tracey. A tidy one!