Sunday 2 May 2010

Challenges: Stampotique, Sunday Stampers, Play Date Cafe

I'm multi tasking today, I have decorated one canvas which will be suitable for three challenges, 1) The Stampotique challenge which is to think outside the box; 2) The Sunday Stampers challenge over on Hels blog which is to use a KEY in your art and 3) The Play Date Cafe Challenge which is to use the colours light green, light blue and off white.

When I think of a challenge I normally only think of one challenge at a time and I always normally think card, so this is my take on thinking outside the box for The Stampotique challenge.  I have added a KEY for The Sunday Stamper challenge and I have used the colours light green, light blue and off white for the Play Date Cafe colour challenge.

Products used for the canvas were: StazOn ink timber brown, DI inks, tumbled glass and bundled sage, Life's Journey Key, Gesso, charcoal pencil, text stamp, glossy card and Stampotique stamp Welcome Door.

I applied Gesso as a base coat for the canvas and allowed to dry.  Applied tumbled glass and bundled sage ink directly to the canvas and spritzed with water.  Added text to a few areas of the canvas with timber brown ink.

At the top of the canvas I added my own style bunting, along with heart ribbon.   I then coloured a piece of glossy card with the tumbled glass and bundled sage ink and stamped the Welcome Door onto the coloured glossy card, cut out and adhered to the canvas.

I have added a key, 'W' for welcome, torn papers and two hearts to complete. 



The 'W' has been painted with Gesso, a little light blue acrylic and highlights of bundled sage ink added.

I think this canvas would be great as an alternative to a NEW HOME card. 

Have a great Sunday,  Tracy x

23 comments:

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely canvas - the colours are my favorites. Very nice composition!

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, this is stunning, beautiful colours and I agree the composition is excellent.

DonnaMundinger said...

Great job combining the challenges! I love this! xxD

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of this weeks colors for your lovely canvas artwork! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

City Crafter Challenge Blog said...

Great thinking outside the box, what a fun way to combine challenges!

Carol said...

Great canvas! Love what you have done. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique. I'm sure others will be inspired by what you have done!

Juls said...

such a gorgeous creation! Love the door and the key!! Fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! Love the colours & stamps used!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

A fabby canvas, love the colouring, and the bunting and key are brilliant - love it!
Jan x

Suzanne C said...

Another lovely entry for the PDCC this week! Love the layers of colors on your canvas! Beautiful altnerative to a new home card!

Basement Stamper said...

What a fabulous piece of artwork! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Tracy! I love that key! This would make a fabulous housewarming gift.. Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe this week!!

Ruby said...

This is lovely Tracy! I love all the different elements, each time you look there is more to see! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

FILIGREE MOON said...

This is wonderful...very creative and pretty! So glad you dropped by with sweet comments today so I could find your great blog! Have a lovely week. ~ Angela

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous canvas Tracy! the door is a great stamp, and looks fabulous as the central image on this piece; another cool play date cafe entry :)

Shannon said...

Very, very cute. I love it! What a great little canvas to have by your entryway in your home to welcome visitors. I love the light blues with a hint of light mint green, that's my favorite color combo.

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooh, totally gorgeous art, loooove it loads...thanks for joining in with the SUnday stamper x

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Beautiful work and great photos! Thank you for joining us for the Stampotique challenge!
Val :)

joanne wardle said...

very cool

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--lots of details! Great job--love the key and every time I look back--there is something new I didn't see (banner--just saw that!)! LOVE IT! Great job--thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Nine said...

Gorgeaous canvas ! I love it.

Kirsti said...

I do love that little door stamp and I love what you have done woth it!!!!xox

Kaz said...

This is such a lovely canvas, the door works so well xx