Saturday 8 May 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

The Play Date Cafe Challenge this week is a very pretty colour combination and feels very girly to me hence I have chosen to decorate a handbag.

I have had this bag template for years so thought it was about time I did something with them.  On this occasion I have used a Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder and applied DI ink spun sugar to the raised areas.  I have then used an old Stampendous stamp, again stamped with the same DI ink.  I have added a handbag style stone and a Sizzix flower using black and pink papers. To complete the front I have added 'Style', torn paper and a black button.
This is the reverse of the handbag, again embossed using the Cuttlebug folder and a Sizzix flower added to one corner.

A close up of the handbag showing the stamping detail.  I think this would make a great card for my daughter who is at that age where everything must match including the handbag.  Oh to be 9yrs again LOL.  Have a great weekend.  Tracy x

9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a darling purse! You decorated it so girly - love all the beads! Thanks so much for playing along at the PDCC :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How cute is this! Bet your 9 year old LOVE it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute bag template, wonderful flower medallion. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Juls said...

just fabulous!!

Suzanne C said...

What a wonderful purse! Love all the details! The flower is a fun addition! Thanks for playing in the PDCC challenge this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH wow--what a fab purse! Great job with the project--I always think card...I need to think outside the box more often:) Thanks for inspiring! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Sarah Anderson said...

such a cute little bag and so beautifully decorated -thanks for playing along with us at the playdate cafe :) - we love having you with us so regularly :)

Ruby said...

Isn't it fun when you can play around with something you've had for ages! You've done a great job with the bag, and I love the flower you've used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe! :)

Unknown said...

This is darling, Tracy! Wonderful purse.. my DD is into matching everything too.. :) Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!