Thursday 13 May 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

The Play Date Cafe Challenge this week is to use the colours lime green, leaf green and very pale blue.  Again very spring like I feel, they have a lovely crisp feeling to these colours.

As I was rummaging through my cupboards I came accross this sentiment, which I love and thought it would be great to use along with a butterfly stamp and hey presto this is where my card began.

Products used are Postcard, Distress Inks (tumbled glass, shabby shutters, peeled paint) and rubber stamps PaperArtsy, The Artistic Traveler Art Stamps and Outlines Stamp.


The background was created by adding DI inks directly to a non stick sheet, spritzing with water and pressing the post card directly onto the puddle.  I have then used an old credit card to add random lines over the card.  The butterfly was created using PVA glue and tissues.  To complete, I have added fibres and a button.
Happy crafting, Tracy xx

11 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

just love this! Gorgeous!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This project is gorgeous!! I love the texture and all of the wonderful details you've added. So vintage and romantic - a beautiful collage piece!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful creation! Love all the texture & that butterfly is wonderful! Thanks for playing along at the PDCC :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, love the distress ink background! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

GORGEOUS! Love the texture on your card. The butterfly is so pretty with its added texture. Love the sentiment too! Thanks for playing in the PDCC.

2amscrapper said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Love your art and am a follower now.

Ruby said...

Ooh Tracey, this is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the postcard you've done with it and that sentiment is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Whooo Tracy,

Love the distressing on your postcard, and a sweet sentiment too! The colouring is fab!

Jan x

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeously scrummy art hun x

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Tracy! Love the background and butterfly.. all just lovely! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Tracy this is BEAUTIFUL! I love that big butterfly! Super super super pretty! I love that big button too! I just love this entire card:) Great job! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)