Friday 21 May 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

Over on the Play Date Cafe the challenge this week is to use pale yellow, light green and pink.  I always struggle with pale yellow and don't really have much stash in that colour but I did find a few tiny bits here and there.  So here is my take on the colour challenge.
With the sun shining and spending hours in the garden I could not resist but to use flowers yet again.  Must admit I do like these very pretty colours together, but I do find it difficult doing pretty, I'm usually more vintage myself.  This flower has been cut from the Papermania Capsule Collection of papers using a Sizzix die. 
I have added the flower to a canvas that has been painted with pink and light green acrylic paint.  I have also added scrunched up tissue to add texture to the canvas.  A stem has been added to the flower along with a simply stamped leaf from Outlines.
The canvas has been completed adding buttons and highlights of text.
As I was on a roll I also made a card using the same colour combination and I just love this sentiment.
Oh and yet another flower but this time using the Alterations Tattered Florals die, cut from fabric and pink card.  A pale yellow button as been added to complete.
This is the completed card.  The images have been coloured with DI inks spun sugar and shabby shutters.  Have a great Friday everyone.  Tracy x

9 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun really love this the flowers you have made are just gorjus,fab layout and super detail too hun hugs cheryl xxxx

Mona Pendleton said...

All of these creations are wonderful! Your 3D flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at the PDCC :)

Julie Ranae said...

Aww Tracy....I love what you've done with these colors this week...you are so creative with dimensional pieces! Love it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely projects using this weeks color challenge, thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Margaret said...

What a wonderful burst of Spring colour on your blog! your flowers are gorgeous! Margaret

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This canvas is so pretty! Awesome card too--you were inspired and busy!! Great use of the colors--and that flower is BEAUTIFUL! Great job--thanks so much for playing along with the PDCC:)

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous, Tracy! I always love your fabulous canvases! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Ruby said...

These are fab Tracy! I love the layered flower and that verse. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Love the background on your canvas and the flower is beautiful and then you added the lovely card. Wonderful set! Thanks for playing with us again at PDCC!