Sunday 9 May 2010

Sunday Stamper Challenge

Over on Hels blog its Sunday Stamper Challenge once again and the theme is to use GOLD in your artwork, which I found very difficult this week as when I went to use my paint it had all dried up, that's how log it has been since I have painted with gold.  So I had to get my thinking cap on.  It also took me well over an hour to find any gold embellishments, which I find amazing with the amount of stash I have in this room of mine.  How come you can never find just what you want, the right colour, the right paint etc etc.

Well after much searching of my craft room and my brain this is what I have come up with, a decorated cardboard heart.
 
 I have painted the heart with waternymph Stewart Gill paint and added highlights of rich gold paint (which I purchased from B&Q today) over the top.  I have then stamped text (from Wendy Vecchi set) onto tissue paper and added to the heart.

My GOLD element is a Sizzix flower cut from gold metal, and embossed using a Cuttlebug folder.  I have then rubbed StazOn black over the raised areas.

To complete, I have added a gold leaf embellishment, love sentiment (printed on the computer and sponged with tumbled glass DI ink) and a button.

I think this would be great to give for an anniversary card alternative.  Hope you like.   Hels is also giving away some great candy this week too, take a look at my sidebar to see this wonderful giveaway or pop over to Hels' blog highlighted above.   Happy crafting, Tracy x x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow tracy this is gorgeous, love the flower and its nice to see a blue heart instead of a red one lovely.
Christine x

Juls said...

wow!! what a gorgeous work of art! Hugs Juls

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor this is lush Tracy, love it! Thanks for joining in with the challenge again hun x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous heart and love all the details especially the flower
thanks for popping by my blog too
j