Tuesday 13 July 2010

Compendium Of Curiosities, Week 5

It's week 5 of the Compendium Of Curiosities challenge and this week sees the challengers using Distress powders, turn to page 43 in the book for the technique.
I must admit I have never used the Distress powders, probably because I do not emboss much these days, but there is always a first time.  However, the only pot of Distress powder in my cupboard was milled lavender so I needed an image to do it justice.  Whilst rummaging through my cupboards I found this Tim Holtz stamp that had never been inked, so it has had its first inking today, one good reason to join in with these challenges if only to make use of those products stashed at the back of your cupboard.  Now I have used it I quite like what I see so it will probably get used again now LOL.  A lesson learned me thinks!
I have made a tag this week, a change from a card but very simple to create.  I have embossed my image with the milled lavender distress powder, added numbers and sponged my tag with DI inks, milled lavender, tattered rose and peeled paint.  To complete I have added ribbon, a heart and a metal embellishment.

If you would like to join in the challenge why not pop over to Studio L3 where Linda is hosting the challenge and gives all the details along with some great prizes.  This weeks challenge is being sponsered by Simon Says Stamp, go on join in the fun.  Tracy x x

13 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Love your masked numerals, they look great with this image Tracy. I have a pot of distress powder but haven't really used it, just had one go when I bought it, I think it must be Antique Linen, but I'm not sure, just that it's yellowish. Aren't we awful, all this stash we've never used! Great tag :)

Helen said...

Wow, we did have similar ideas! I saw your comment on my post and had to come find out - I am not meant to be blogging from work, shhhhh!!!! I love this tag.

Anonymous said...

Love this tag Tracy, the masked numbers look brilliant! x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Tracy, I absolutely LOVE this tag! The Milled Lavender looks awesome with that cute stamp, and your cool, masked background takes it to a whole new level of gorgeousness! I look forward to seeing your art every week. :-)

Lori said...

Great work Tracy! And way to match the image with your color, it worked great!

Sue said...

This is lovely Tracy, your masking is so effective, and the colours are perfect x

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful tag. Love the colours.

Netty said...

Gorgeous tag Tracy, love it. Annette x

Rachelle said...

Your tag turned out wonderful! Don't you just love going "shopping" in your own cupboards? You found a great stamp to do this technique with.

Marnie Blum said...

Cute, really cute and sweet.

CuddlyBunny said...

Ou, love this creation! You somehow created a very early morning fairy in the mist with a slightly odd circus kind of thing. BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Love that fairy stamp. Beautiful tag you made!

Terry said...

I love what you did with that image! Great tag!