Friday 2 July 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

The Play Date Cafe Challenge this week is to use the very bright and cheerful colours of red, pink and white.  I have had half a day to myself today so I thought I would have a break from my gardening and do a little crafting instead.
This card happened by accident, it was simply bits left over from experimenting with a stencil.  I simply stitched the two bits together and then matt and layered onto the card.  I have also used Tim Holtz Texture Fades (Dot Matrix) for one of the background pieces.  DI inks have been used to sponge through the stencil.  The flowers are Twiddleybitz, sponged with DI inks.
For this card I have used Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die.  I have sponged colour around two of the flowers directly onto the card to give a shadow, again using DI ink.  I have also die cut flowers from a gardening book and sponged with colour.  Matt and layered onto red and pink card which has been punched using a Martha Stewart punch.  To complete, a sentiment and buttons have been added.
I have also had another go at journaling, this time a double page spread.  I think it needs a little more work but I am quite pleased with it so far.
I felt this colour combination really leant inself to hearts so that's where my pages began.
This is what the double page spread looks like so far.  Sometimes less is more, so thought I would leave the detail as is for the moment.  Have a good Friday evening everyone.  Tracy x x

10 comments:

Netty said...

Hi Tracy, love the card and the scrapbook pages, great. Enjoy the weekend. Annette x

Unknown said...

Love yr journaling pages, you have to leave some space though for actual journaling don't you? I ask because I see some Journaling books and there sn't space it's just lots of beautiful collarge so this is why journaling confuses me and although I would love to hacve a go I haven't done it yet as still too confused lol Oh nice card too hun

Love Dawn xx

Ruby said...

Looks like you have had fun with our colours this week! Fab creations! I especially like the colours of the first one. I love the way you say 'simply stitched'. Mine would look nothing like that if I tried to do it!!! Oh to be good at stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love cards and journal, great use of the stencils. Thanks for playing wtih the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Your cards are lovely and the pages are fantastic. Always love to stop by and see what you have done with the colors! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Fliss said...

Hi Tracy, just love what you've made here and glad to see someone else that likes using up leftover bits.
Your journal pages are just stunning, the stamps look fabulous.
Thanks for your kind comment on my last week's PDC entry (still have to do this weeks). I really do appreciate your thoughts.
Fliss x

Unknown said...

Love your cards and journal pages, Tracy! You rock these colors! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Sarah Anderson said...

I just love the crown on the heart - such a fab idea! Glad to hear you can keep and use leftovers ;) Great play date entries Tracy, thanks for supporting us so regularly :)

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the colours, the layout and how you have used the skeleton leaves! stunning! Hugs Juls

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--this is so pretty! I love those leaves on the first card! Great way to use the flowers for stencils on the second! And those pages are super awesome:) You did a great job on all three:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)