Friday 9 July 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge

Over on The Play Date Cafe this week there is no specific colour badges, just this picture which you can interpret in your own way within your artwork.  This picture feels very mediterranean to me and I love the fact there are lots of colours we could use.
I knew I wanted to use some Twiddleybitz I had purchased recently and that is where my inspiration began.  I have coloured the embellishments with butterscotch, lemonade, watermelon and aqua Adirondack acrylic paint dabbers to give me that mediterranean feel for my card.
I have used a stencil on the background along with the same paint dabbers.  Added a few co-ordinated buttons and hey presto my card in it's final glory.  I also thought I would have another go at art journaling using these colours.
I have used all the same colour paint dabbers and a large floral stencil for this double page spread along with a bird from TwiddleybitZ which I absolutely love.
I have cut up a gardening book and added text to my page along with another Twiddleybitz piece and some cirles.
Must admit I am quite please with this attempt at art journaling.  Off to pop over to The Play Date Cafe to look at some fab artwork, why not join me.  Have a good day everyone, Tracy x

18 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful pieces! Great take on this weeks challenge, wonderful colors you pulled from the photo. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Laura said...

These look awesome. Love both of them and your interpretation of the colours. works really well.

Netty said...

These are gorgeous Tracy, such terrific colour combinations and shapes. Love them. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Unknown said...

These are just lovely, Tracy! LOVE your interpretation of the colors.. so fun and free flowing! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
STUNNING! Those colours are just so lush hun, loving your art x

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! What a fabulous card! That technique is just stunning!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your card but especially LOVE LOVE LOVE your pages! Your journaling is so FAB - you should be proud of it!

Lynn Stevens said...

ohh watermelon,lemonade all sounds like summer to me! and what fun layouts and such great close ups with fantastic details!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful masking and layering on your card. Love the richness of the colors. The journal pages are fab. Love the contrast of the masked area and the mixed colors.

Juls said...

Just so fabulous!!! Love all your stenciling work! amazingly stunning creation! Hugs Juls

Helen said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, the dandelion stamp is by Hero Arts (G4917).
I LOVE what you've done here, it's beautiful.

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh I LoVe your journal page, that flower stencil looks fab :) Twiddleybitz pieces make a great card - must get my owl collection out lol! x

Ruby said...

Ooh Tracey, these are gorgeous, especially your first one. I absolutely LOVE and need it lol. It's fab!!!!! Great colours for our challenge too. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Lynne Phelps said...

These projects are absolutely wonderful! You have quite an eye for color! Clearly I need to find out what Twiddlybitz are, is that a brand name or do I need a Yank translation, LOL! Art journaling on a garden theme is perfect for you - I was amazed and awed by the photos of your garden, it is magic! Love the cut up text from a gardening book, you know how I love recycling text!!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

The card is stunning, Tracy. I love the colours, such great attention to detail. And the stenciling against the white looks so beautifully striking! ;)
Your journal pages look great, too. You definately have it in you, girl! Just love it!!! ;-) x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Everything is FAB--I love all the pics and projects!!! I just love those pages--beautiful! You really did a GREAT job with this color combo/inspirational photo:) LOOOOVE it! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely love what you have done for this challenge! It's so great having you play with us in The Cafe, Tracy : )

Cath Wilson said...

These colours are just amazing and you have such a natural style, I'm in awe! I'm just starting out in journalling and feel a little overawed by it but you're really inspiring me. Thank you.