Friday 23 July 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge

I love the colour challenge over at The Play Date Cafe this week, they have been chosen by Julie Ranae, they are a very neutral palette which reminds me of my decorating at home.  I find these colours very relaxing and a joy to work with.
This week I have decided to make a vintage Christmas accordion card.   However, I must apologise for the quality of the pictures as every room I tried to take pitures in the sun was shining far too much hence I have a glare on every picture, sorry about that.
I love the two sentiments above, the first one was an Inkadinkado stamp which was discontinued a while ago and the second one is an Outlines stamp.
For the stamping and sponging I have used DI inks brushed corduroy, tea dye and antique linen along with StazOn black.  On this section I have sponged through a snowflake stencil with an acrylic paint dabber, snow cap.   I have punched two medium circles from cardstock and stamped the reindeer (Penny Black stamp) with StazOn black.  I have used my Dymo machine for the Vintage Christmas sentiment and Noel is an Outlines stamp.  I have also added white pearls to the reindeer's noses.
This is one side of the reverse of the accordion.  I have again used my Dymo machine to produce the snow, believe, santa and tree words.  Again I have punched two circles from card, one black and the other beige and stamped with StazOn black and sponged the edges with DI inks.  I have added snowflakes and santa sentiment using scrabble letters.
This shows one side of my accordion in all its glory.  The Santa is a Stampington stamp, and the collage stamp to the right is a Hero Arts stamp.
These are the two sides of my accordion in all their glory.  Off to have a nose at everyone's lovely artwork over at the Play Date Cafe, why not join me.  Tracy x x

20 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous Tracy, I just love the totally vintage feel to this, really spectacular!

Netty said...

I agree with Lori, its totally gorgeous.
Annette x

Unknown said...

Wow! Just stunning, Tracy! Fabulous vintage Christmas card.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Helen said...

Tracy, this is simply stunning.

Cath Wilson said...

Stunning, Tracy - love everything about it and the colours are just perfect. Please don't complain about the sun - we've had our first sunshine for a few weeks here this afternoon - late afternoon - and it's such a treat after the grey, miserable days! Still can't believe you're doing Christmas...

~Tammy~ said...

Wow, this is great! This caught my eye right away when I was posting my card! Simply stunning!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Christmas Accordian card, wonderful attention to detail! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Julie Ranae said...

Tracy....I LOVE this entry for this week's challenge and I have to say that I have been searching for the stamp featured in the very first photo (Master Builder). I saw it in one of the UK stamp magazines a year or two ago and never could find it here...Inkadinkado maybe?

Anyway...LOVELY WORK : )

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am TOTALLY in love with this accordion card and I'm not even a card maker. This is one spectacular beauty with many details. I really like that this is a non-traditional card. The colors are really great for winter, something I could use right now.

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Tracy I am In LOVE with your accordian card, You put so much thought into this one, Its so incredible, Take a bow or should I say bough.LOL
and kudos for starting your Christmas cards!

Julia Dunnit said...

Fab Tracy, really you work so well in these colours - for me it would be a bad outcome. Love it!

Lesley Edmonds said...

What a great little book. Love the colour combo with those stamps.

Lynne Phelps said...

Wow, you are on an accordian streak that is just getting better and better! LOVE what you have done bringing together Christmas with this lovely neutral palette. A vintage triumph! And...I really really think there is an accordian in my near future...your creations are inspiring!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous vintage accordion holiday card! Love all the work and details! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC again!

Sarah Anderson said...

This is a fabulous idea for these colours - they work brilliantly, and I love the accordion book. Thanks for choosing to play along with us in the play date cafe :)

Ruby said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Tracy, so inspiring, such gorgeous detail! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Neet said...

Gorgeous card - such a lot of work has gone into this (hope it is for someone special) and it has paid off with a stunning end rsult.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW!! You def. put a TON of love and work into this card--it is BEAUTIFUL! I love the way you spelled SANTA with those squares! Again--BEAUTIFUL!L!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Terry said...

Very vintage! Love all your details!

Sue Lelli said...

What a ton of work you put into this! It is LOVELY!