Friday 30 July 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

It's a colour splash over at The Play Date Cafe this week chosen by Sarah Anderson.  I really enjoy the colour splash weeks and sometimes find it quite a challenge just to use a splash of colour but it's great fun.  You can use any shade of green this week so thought I would use a couple of different shades for my cards.
My first card is using a bottle green to create this decoupage type card.  I have used an Outlines stamp and simply stamped onto card stock, cut out and decoupaged.  Simple card to make but is very effective and I can use this for any occasion.
The second card has more of a citrus green added.  I have simply stamped the butterflies (Hampton Art) onto white card with black ink and matt onto black card.  One of the images has been stamped a second time and spritzed with Altered Originals lime ink spray, cut out and adhered on top of the original image.  To complete, I have added a flower, also spritzed with lime spray and a sentiment.
I have used Adirondack bottle ink for this card.  I have punched out a circle from scrap paper and used as a stencil, sponging the bottle ink through the circle onto the card three times.   The stamped image is from Inkadinkado (Delicate Branches).  Pearls, WISH sentiment and three small circles complete the card.
Finally I have created a simple Christmas card again using an Outlines Christmas tree and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I think the how to is probably self explanatory with this card.  Have a great Friday everyone, Tracy x

13 comments:

Netty said...

They are all terrific Tracy. Have a great weekend. Annette x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, What an array of green. Like you, I love Bottle. It is such a rich color. Happy weekend.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

I just love the way you've played with that splash of colour:) All creations simply stunning! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Great challenges but I especially love the butterfly card and the way you added the green to it.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Tracy, wow these are fabulous, so much so I cant choose a fav. Have a lovely weekend! hugs Heidi xx

Anonymous said...

I likey..........very much!

G Peplow said...

So many cards, very lovely :) xx

Suzanne C said...

Another great variety of cards for the PDCC! Lovely cards all of them! I too am fond of the butterflies so that one is my favorite! Thanks for playing along again with the PDCC.

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh my goodness Tracy, so many cards! My favourite is the Hampton Art one with the sprayed splash of green :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Boy, you've been busy - wonderful splash of color! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Zue said...

You left a lovely comment on my Blog. Thank you so much!
It seems you have had alot of fun with 'green'. My favourite one is the second one with the splash ink and the matching flower... it is very effective and so pretty..........don't you just adore butterflies.......? I do.
Sue

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW! So many cards for this challenge:) I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love all the shades of green! Great take on "green"!! I really really like the lime green card--it just pops out to me:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

HOLY COW is right! These are ALL fabulous, Tracy! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!