Thursday 15 July 2010

Stampotique Designers Challenge

The Stampotique designers are celebrating the holidays this week and are challenging us with the theme Christmas in July.  You can use any stamp, however, I really wanted to use a Stampotique stamp but the problem was I don't have any Christmas Stampotique stamps in my stash.  I thought for a whole night about what I could use and decided on......
....the Welcome Door, problem was on its own it does not look very Christmas like.  I decided to sponge my background with snowflakes using a Glimmer Screen stencil and DI ink tumbled glass.  I then stamped the Welcome Door onto the background using StazOn black.
I have added Santa and here to my door to give the sentiment Santa welcome here as I thought this could be a Christmas card for my daughter who is 9 and is always asking if Santa really exists.
I have added the word Believe as I am always saying to my daughter at Christmas that "you have to believe or we don't get any presents under the tree" LOL.    I have added a few snowflakes around the card and inside the door along with a Winter sentiment/definition and a key for my door to complete my alternative Christmas card.  The Stampotique stamps are available in the UK from The Stamp Attic.  Phew that took some thinking about to get it to look somewhat like a Christmas card...... hope my daughter likes it.  Pop over to The Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog to see some very creative Christmas cards.  Have a good day everyone, Tracy x

16 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Well, your thinking it over really paid off. I think this card is darling, love the idea of it and I say the same thing to my 10 year old about Santa. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Unknown said...

This is lovely Tracy, great colours.
Christine x

Kaz said...

This is a lovely card - it just proves with a bit of imagination you can alter your stamps to fit. Thanks for joining us at SDC x

Netty said...

Great creative use of your stamp, brilliant. Annette x

Moniqui said...

What a great card, i love the key.
Thanks for joining us at SDC!

Lynn Stevens said...

Thats what I call thinking outside the box! very creative!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Lovely card! The snow flakes are very effective.

Karen said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Well done on coming up with the door idea as it works sooo well X

Willy said...

What a great idea! You made a wonderful Christmas card with that door. Thanks for joining us at SDC # 11.

Helen said...

Incredible! Who'd have thought you could take a plain door and get such a fab Christmas card.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Great idea with the door!

Lynne Phelps said...

To this day, my father asks me every year if I believe! "If you don't believe, you don't get!" he says. I always tell him I believe - after all, he's never let me down yet!!! So your fun door and story really brought me a smile and a treasured memory! Love the stenciled snowflakes over all - Brrr, I can almost feel a wintry chill, which is actually quite welcome whilst spending July in Georgia, LOL!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is just so creative! Gotta' luv Santa, I believe, you believe, we must believe! xxoo

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! I absolutely LOVE this! xxD

Sarah Feeney said...

Fabulous card! Great idea to make the door open!

Sue said...

This is fantastic, a brilliant idea and beautifully carried out. It isn't only children who believe in Santa x