Saturday 31 July 2010

Stampotique Designers Challenge/Sunday Stamper Challenge

Edit:  I am also entering this piece for The Sunday Stampers Challenge which is SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW.  I have used a flower which is something old (found in some packaging from something I ordered on-line a while ago) and something new is one of the stamps and the paper which was a NEW purchase for me.  There is some fantastic candy on offer too along with this challenge so why not join in the fun.  The excitement does not stop there, as The Artistic Stamper now have a Creative Team Blog where you can join in this challenge and have more chances to win candy, pop over to the CTB where Jennie and the team have more details.

The Stampotique Designers Challenge this week is a sketch.....
.....I had an hour to myself today so thought I would get my craft goodies out rather then the ironing board LOL.
I really wanted to use these mushroom images from Stampotique by Jo Capper-Sandon which I absolutely love, anything nature themed really appeals to me, probably because I love my garden so much.
The mushrooms are stamped with StazOn timber brown ink onto Bazzill card and then again onto text from a gardening book. I love the fact that part of the text I picked up from the book says umbrella-shaped, very apt for this image I feel.  I have used a Martha Stewart punch for my scalloped edge and added a flower that came with some packaging from a product I ordered on-line.  I spritzed the flower with Altered Originals lime ink spray and added a sentiment, again from Stampotique, Jo Capper-Sandon range.  Have a good weekend everyone, Tracy x

23 comments:

Carol Q said...

lovely Tracey. I need to add those 'shrooms to my collection.

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Tracy this is utterly beautiful... I need those stamps... shall have to save me pennies up .. again LOL x

Sue said...

OOHHH nice!!! Those mushrooms are great!

Netty said...

I think we all agree, we need those mushrooms....lol Love what you have created. Annette x

Lori said...

Oh, who needs pressed clothes anyways? lol This is an awesome card, love the sentiment with the images, they really go together well.

Lynne Phelps said...

Those mushrooms are the best I've seen, and the way you've stamped them on the text is brilliant! The bit about "umbrella shaped" text showing in the largest mushroom is just the kind of detail that makes me really happy! And the sentiment is perfect for the mood of the card!

Hels Sheridan said...

Hey hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.. don't forget to link this into the AS CT blog challenge too... you can be in with a double chance of winning then :O)) Hugs x

Basement Stamper said...

Love how this turned out with those mushrooms! Great job with the sketch and thanks so much for joining us at SDC this week.

Jaqi said...

What a fab piece, I love these mushroom images, they are great , it all goes together perfectly. Thanks for sharing

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Wow...gorgeous work as always!

xx

Helen said...

I need to get those mushrooms!! Your card is beautiful.

Lynn Stevens said...

Great shrooms! and wonderful job on the challenge!

Willy said...

Your mushrooms card is really great! Thanks for joining us at SDC #12.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Don't you just love it when the words you find match the theme of your focal image? This is really a lovely, lovely card.

Kaz said...

I love this Tracy, I'm so glad you made this rather than did the ironing!! Thanks for joining us at SDC xx

Sue said...

This is a fabulous card Tracy, I love your stamping onto the gardening book, and the lovely earthy colour x

Anonymous said...

Loving those shrooms Tracy.........and loving the new blog layout..........very nice!

Moniqui said...

Awesome card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotiques designers challenge!

Ali H said...

Hi Tracy - love the Mushroom project - guess that makes you a really FUN-GUY !!
Who needs ironing !! Ali

Minxy said...

I was going to make a fungal joke but i don't think there is mush room in this box...lol sorry!

great card hun,Thanks for joining in with the ASCTC and good luck
hugs Minxy

Juls said...

this is just so fab! I love the text on the mushrooms! Hugs Juls

Fiona said...

neat take on the sketch challenge :) cute card

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Tracy! Love those mushrooms! x