Sunday 11 July 2010

Sunday Stamper Challenge

The Sunday Stamper challenge this week is to use the colour BLUE.  It is so hot today I feel drained and think the heat has taken away my mojo once again.  I found it really difficult to get started with this theme.  I decided to make a simple card as my energy levels were running low. 
I have used a Penny Black stamp, an Iris.  I stamped the Iris onto a magazine page and clear embossed and then applied DI ink tumbled glass over the top with highlights of peeled paint.  Once happy with the depth of colour I removed the ink from the Iris.
I have added pearl embellishments and the IRIS text to complete.  If you would like to see some great artwork for this challenge why not pop over to Hels' blog.  Have a great Sunday, Tracy x x

10 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely stunning card hun, looks like your Mojo didn't go far :O)) Know what you mean about the heat, tis draining isn't it? Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Netty said...

This is simple??? I think not. Its just brilliant, love it. Annette x

Sue said...

Wow Tracy, if this is your idea of simple.... it's absolutely gorgeous x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Crikey, if this is how you create with your Mojo AWOL, one can only imagine what beauties you must be producing under normal circumstances...LOL ;) Love it, Tracy! Perfect for Hels' challenge! x

flutterbycrafter said...

This is sooooo creative, are you sure you mojo has gone walkabout? Fantastic piece of work. xx

Sarah Anderson said...

We've had a breeze over this way, and the sun wasn't out constantly so not too hot. Love your blue iris, it's fabulous!

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous! No mojo missing that I can see!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Tracy, love the composition! x

Juls said...

beautiful! I love how you have used the resisit technique on test paper...love the soft colours and the pearl detail! Just such a fabulous creation! Hugs Juls

Lynne Phelps said...

Looks like your mojo is doing fine to me - thought this might be another page in your garden art journal! You should paste it in there, LOL! Love all the detail, and you know how I love brayered emboss resist! :) Lovely!