Monday 19 July 2010

Sunday Stamper Challenge

Edit: I am also entering this as my second piece of art for "anything goes" over at The Stampman challenge blog.

Over on Hels' blog the theme for the Sunday Stamper challenge is BELIEVE &/OR JOURNEY.  As soon as I saw the theme I thought of Christmas so I decided to use BELIEVE for my challenge piece.
I have made an accordion card, made from a 12 x 12" red card cut in half and scored at 3,6, and 9" to give me my accordion.  I have stamped using StazOn Olive Green and DI ink fired brick.  However, it is so bright in my conservatory where I took these pics that it has bleached the red card slightly, so you will have to take my word for it that it is a beautiful Christmas red.   I have used the following stamps, Darkroom Door Christmas Reindeer, Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Just Word Art, Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz collection Reindeer Flight, Inkadinkado Winter Birds, Inkadinkado Holiday Sentiments, Outlines stamps, and Papermania set Gifted Greetings.
Here is a close-up of one of the pages using the sentiment BELIEVE as required for the challenge.  I love this stamp as you only have to ink and stamp and it looks so professional and does not really need much of anything else.  I just added the hearts to complete.
This is the reverse side of the accordion and again I have used the sentiment BELIEVE.
Close up of my BELIEVE page which I used as my daughter still believes in Santa and I always tell her that I do too LOL.
These pictures show both sides of my accordion.  Why not pop over to Hels' blog and see some fantastic artwork for this challenge.  Have a good day everyone and thank you as always for your kind comments.  Tracy x

12 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS art Tracey, loving the accordian look, must try that :O)) Thanks for joining in with the SUnday Stamper hun x

Fiona said...

great idea getting into Christmas already!

Elaine said...

Love your card and the variety of stamps you've used.

Anonymous said...

A stunning card Tracy! Love those stamps! x

Anonymous said...

Love your accordion Tracy, and glad to see I am not the only one thinking of Christmas LOL The Inkadinkado order has just gone in.....where has the year gone so far??

Netty said...

Wow Tracy this is fabulous, what a great array of stamps, love it all. Annette x

Cath Wilson said...

Can't believe you're doing Christmas at this time of year, but it's a good idea :D

This is superb and probably a whole lot better in real life. Love it - lots of work involved.

Jo Austin said...

Gosh.. I love this so much! Those reindeer are soooo beautiful. I love Christmas too, so this project is just perfect.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Stamp Man Challenge blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Jo x

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE it! The accordian folds finished on front and back is brillant - I can see some of these going down the center of my dining room table, or on the coffee table in the living room! You have done such a great job. I am not familiar with some of these stamps - which company is the reindeer and Santa and Tree with the words inside them? LOVE these images and you have surely done them justice!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is just amazing, I luv all the pieces to the accordian! Great piece.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy, this is the same comment as before - just stunning. I love your Accordian card. S xx

Lori said...

Oooo, great work Tracy! Love this idea! It's totally awesome!