Wednesday 22 December 2010

Christmas Has Come Early

Well for me it has anyway.  Me and my friend Sue have been out for our annual Christmas lunch today, the meal was great, the company great and wait until you see my gifts and card.
My Christmas card has an owl detail which has been made out of a tea strainer, fab or what and not only that it is a heart shaped one too, now anyone who knows me knows that I love anything heart related and I love owls so this is just perfect for me.
This is my card in all its glory, how FABULOUS is this, I love every little detail, Sue has put so much thought into this piece and I am absolutely thrilled with it, I will keep it in my craft room all year after Christmas.
This is one of my presents, an embroidered bag from Kazakhstan, just look at the detail on the embroidery.  This is also a special gift as the embroidered panel has a history, it is 60 years old and apparently was part of a bigger piece that used to hang in doorways of a YURT, which is a domed dwelling originally used by nomadic Turkic people.  Once they stopped living like this the embroidered pieces were broken up into usable sized pieces to make unique handbags like this and many other pieces too.  A wonderful gift which I will treasure.
The reverse of the bag, again wonderful detailed embroidery.
The handles also have a tassled detail to add to this unique piece.
There is more, three galvanised containers which I will display on my table in the lounge, I love to change the table with the seasons so I will add seasonal plants to these.
Look at this little adorable fella too, if you have not guessed by now I also love owls and this one is gorgeous, again he will stay out all year.  I was also given a lovely wooden heart and an unusual Hyacinth but the light has faded on me and I was unable to get a good picture so I will show these another time.  Thanks Sue for my wonderful gifts which I love and thanks for a great lunch.  Speak to you all soon, Tracy x x

10 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

wow, wow and more wows, how lucky you are to have such wonderful gifts, all so special, but the best of all is the card, it is stunning. Have a wonderful Christmas and I wish you and your family the best for 2011. Ann xx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wowsa what wondeful goodies!
Lucky you :)
Merry Christmas Tracy, Have a good 1!

Jan x

Sue said...

Oh Tracy!! I'm glad you liked your card and gifts!
It was lovely to spend time together...we always have a laugh, I loved my gifts too :)!!
Sue

Helen said...

Lucky you - what beautiful gifts. Have a great Christmas.

Lynn Stevens said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and such a special frind. So thoughtful and knows you so well.
have a Wonderful Christmas!!!
hugs Lynn

Netty said...

So glad you had a great time Tracy and wow what wonderful presents. Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas and a Joyous New Year. Hugs Annette x

Zue said...

Wow, lucky you. It must feel like Christmas and birthdays all rolled into one.
Sue xxx

The little free-standing owl is super!!

Suzanne C said...

Oh how wonderful all your goodies are! Sounds like you had a great lunch with a good friend! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Lori said...

Wow! How original and creative! I just love the owl! What a couple of treasures! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Sandy said...

WOW WOW WOW !!!
I´m overwhemled Tracy.
This rock. What an amazing creation. Very creative. I love it.