Wednesday 1 December 2010

Countdown To Christmas

With Tim's Tissue Tape.
Hope you can make out the image above of Tim's Tidings Tape, it has snowflake images, baubles, postcard text etc and is wonderful for those Christmas makes.
I decided to make a canvas with mine.  I painted the canvas with Gesso and then added a thin layer of Terra and heated it until it bubbled.  I added two coats of Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Aqua with highlights of Mushroom.  For the baubles (Carved Ornaments Die)  I added tissue tape to Grungepaper and then die cut the baubles, which were then painted with the Aqua dabber and highlights of DI Broken China added.  To add definition I have added a Fragment to each bauble along with the decorative baubles from Tim's selection.  Tissue tape has also been added to the bottom of my canvas and again painted lightly with Aqua Paint Dabber.  I have also die cut a bird from Tim's Caged Bird die, once again covered with Tissue Tape.  To complete, I have added faux stitching with a Pitt Pen, BELIEVE from Wendy Vecchi Just Word Art stamps along with metal embellishments from Tim's Foliage selection.
I have also created a tag to co-ordinate with my canvas.  I have stamped Daniel's Hearts from Stampotiqe with a VersaMark pad and embossed with clear embossing powder.  DI Broken China has been applied over the top and again faux stitching has been added to the edges with a Pitt Pen.  I have decorated the Carved Ornament with Tim's Tissue Tape, added baubles as before and hand stitched around the edges with white thread.  A Styled Label has been cut from white shrink plastic and stamped with BELIEVE from Wendy Vecchi's Just Word Art stamps, the edges have been sponged with black ink.  I added the label so that I could add this piece to Hels' Sunday Stamper challenge which is to use a sign in your artwork and I will also be submitting this for the Simon Says Stamp and Show A TAG.  To complete, I have added a flower which I have created from The Artistic Stamper Flower Power Sheet and Tim's Seasonal Paper Stash.  All the products highlighted are available from THE STAMP ATTIC.  Wherever you are, have a fabulous day, Tracy x x

12 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Both of these are stunning, I love all the different things you've done. Wonderful.

Lori said...

Stellar ideas with the tissue tape! Really stunning effect, I love it!

Dan said...

I love your creative use of that tissue tape! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work. Love the tissue tape as have never seen it used before
hugs June

Vicki B in OP NY said...

Great effect with color and tissue tape. Mine is still in the package. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue said...

Brilliant tag, I love the use of the tissue tape, and your flower is gorgeous x

Anonymous said...

They are both breathtakingly beautiful Tracy! Just love the colour! xx

Suzanne C said...

These are both fabulous. Love how you used the tapes. I have them and haven't used them yet. Great inspiration. Love the the layers and the monochromatic feel.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful canvas and tag - great use of the tissue tape! Fabby flower!

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhhh so kewl Tracy! What a wonderful use of Tims tape, I have barely used mine at all.

Joanna said...

Hi Tracy! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I love your work too! :)

Terry said...

Hiya Tracy, just love your Canvas and your Tag to go along with it love the colors, thanks for joining the DT on the Simon Says Stamp and Show and hope to see you on the next challenge. Hugs Terry xxxx