Sunday 5 December 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge

I love the build up to Christmas especially if I am organised and have all my Christmas cards completed, which I have, so now I can just enjoy it, I just have a few little bits and bobs to buy but no pressure, yippeeeee!!!
I love the colour combination from The Play Date Cafe this week, red and white are so crisp and a wonderful colour combination for Christmas.
This week I decided to make a couple of small gift bags for Christmas.  I have used Tim's Carved Ornament die for one and the bird from the Caged Bird die on the other.  Both bags have been created from red felt and some white fabric I had lying around.  These would be great for jewellery or Christmas chocolates.
I also decided to create a co-ordinated card using the Outlines Poinsettia stamp, stamped twice on red card stock and adhered to give a 3D like appearance.  The red and white paper in the background is an old Creative Imaginations one, I think it was from last year.  I have added polka dot buttons to complete.  I am also going to add these pieces to Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge where the theme is CHRISTMAS for this week.  Until the next time, Tracy x x x

13 comments:

Helen said...

These are fab - I wish I was half as organised. Not finished my cards, let alone written them, not a present bought....HELP!!!

Sandy said...

Wow your work is absolutely unique.
Awesome details. Love them Tracy.

Nigel said...

Wonderful gift bags - mine will be Morrison's finest lol

Beautiful card too.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

I too am organised ....no decs or tree up but most of grocery shopping and all presents done...love your bags, they are so festive.

Jaclyn Miller said...

what neat little bags. Cool how you used dies to make your focal point.

Netty said...

These are gorgeous Tracy, love them all.
Annette x

Lori said...

Gorgeous card, Tracy, I really love that poinsettia!

Zue said...

I love your red and white creations for the challenge and you have some lovely canvasses in one of the American magazines...wow!!!!..well done Tracy.
Sue xx

Vicki B in OP NY said...

christmas cards done, HOORAY! red and white totes, precious. Love that you used Tim's dies. I'd like to give something like this a try after the 12 step program of Tim's tags is complete. Thanks for sharing your creativity. hugs

Hels Sheridan said...

Totally DIVINE art Tracy, LOVE those poinsettia's! Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those are beautiful gift bags--perfect for just about anyone on the gift-giving list! LOVE your poinsettia--just flows off the card! LOVE IT:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Ruby said...

These are lovely Tracy, GREAT use of felt! I love how you've used that bird die with felt, must try that! Your poinsettia is so pretty too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Suzanne C said...

WOnderful bags. Love them. I am not much for sewing and I appreciate this all the more! Beautiful poinsettia card to go with the beautiful bags.