Friday 31 December 2010

Pretty In Pink

I don't normally work much with pink so this weeks challenge over at The Play Date Cafe was a REAL challenge for me this week.  I tend to work in earthy colours so this was definitely out of my comfort zone.
We are challenged this week to use the inspiration photo above, very pretty and definitely not my usual style.  I love taupe and must admit it does work rather well with the hot pink and I decided to make a birthday card this time around.
The papers I used are from an old K & Company PEABODY Scrap Pad which I have never used and to be honest I would not have been able to join in with this challenge if I had not found this pad lurking deep in a pile of card and paper LOL, so it was worth all the hunting around, told you I don't normally work with pink.  I have used one of Tim's Styled Labels, cut from taupe card and added a 3D flower which I have created from The Artistic Stamper Flower Power Sheet.
Hot pink pearl stickers have been added to the top and bottom of the label (courtesy of Memory Box, from a recent competition win, THANK YOU) along with a Happy Birthday sentiment which has had the edges sponged with DI Victorian Velvet.  A small flower in the bottom corner completes my entry for this week.  Wishing you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.  Tracy x x

22 comments:

Juls said...

Pink might not be your normal colour choice....however you have done the most amazing job!!! This is just so gorgeous and elegant! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Gorgeous Tracy....cannot tell you dont like pink :)

Helen said...

You did great with colours you don't normally use! Happy New Year.

Sandy said...

Oh wow a pretty in pink.
The rose is brilliant. I love it.

I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2011 my dear Tracy. Hugs.

Sarah Anderson said...

I'm always excited to see what people come up with when they work outside their comfort zone, and your project is truly beautiful! Especially the flower. Glad you found the paper and thus able to join us in the play date cafe for the last challenge of the year! Happy New Year!!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh gorgeous Tracy. Love the colours. :)
Sending you Best Wishes for the New Year. Hugs Gez.xx

Netty said...

Its totally gorgeous Tracy. Happy New Year. Annette x

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous flowers and paper...so so pretty! Happy New Year!

Tracey said...

LOVE this!!!!! Flower is AMAZING!

Kristi said...

Beautiful card! I just found you through the Playdate Cafe..your card really caught my eye!

Lori said...

This is awesome, Tracy, I love the flower! I'm not a pink person either, but this looks really great with the taupe! Happy New Year!

flutterbycrafter said...

My favourite colour, and such a beautiful card, love it. Happy New Year xx

Zue said...

Two beautiful flowers, Tracy...they are really lovely. It is good to get outside your realm sometimes when you may come up with something amzing like you have here!!! (I do like pink, but soft shades.) It is a fantastic design for a birthday celebration. I hope 2011 brings you and your family all good things. Happy New Year
Sue xxx

Minxy said...

Wishing you a happy new year Tracy x

Nigel said...

Fantastic as always.

Happy New Year.

Gez Butterworth said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Tracy ♥♥
Hope you've had a lovely day. Very best wishes for the New Year again! & happy crafting. Gez.xx

TuKara said...

Super!!!!!Geniale!!!Bravo Tracy!

Suzanne C said...

Well you certainly don't show it! This is a beautiful card in pink! Love that flower and your design!

Sue Lelli said...

Glad you found that pink paper because you card is very PRETTY! LOVE the flowers! Personally i could not live without pink! LOL!

Colleen Dietrich said...

One would not be able to tell that you don't normally work with pink! I like this a lot. You have done well with that very-well-hidden pad of pink paper! Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe. :)

Unknown said...

wow!! the flower is so beautiful!!! love it

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! LOVE this sketch--with those flowers! Great use of our colors;) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at the Cafe and for playing along with us at PDCC:}
ps...pink is def. a color you should work with--this is FAB!