Monday 20 December 2010

A SPLASH Of Colour

It's a colour splash this week over at The Play Date Cafe, a SPLASH of YELLOW.  I really enjoy these challenges, so much so I made two cards this week.
I've used a Memory Box stamp for my first creation aptly named Spriggle (available from The Stamp Attic), I love the name and the stamp, simple but very effective when embellished with jewels.  I have embossed the white card in the background with dots to echo the dots on the Spriggle.  A simple sentiment completes my first creation.
For my second creation I have used stamps from Outlines and created an accordion card, the image above shows the flower in detail.
My flower has been stamped onto white card and Black Market Paper Society papers and then layered one on top of the other to give a 3D flower.  I really enjoyed making these cards, a nice change from everything Christmas related, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year but I've definitely had my fill of Christmas card makes at the moment LOL.  Enjoy your build up to Christmas this week, take care, Tracy x x

14 comments:

Netty said...

Hi Tracy, your first card is simply gorgeous but that second card is out of this world stunning. Brilliant work. Have a great Christmas and Joyous new year. Annette x

Lori said...

Yep, out of this world stunning on both counts, but that second one, zowie! Gorgeous.

Sandy said...

OMG these are wonderful.
The secon is absolutely stunning. I´ve never seen before. Wonderful. Love them.

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, these are fabulous cards, love the first one, but the second one is stunning.

Helen said...

These are both so gorgeous, especially the second one, I agree.

Juls said...

Fabulous!!!! Love the fancy fold! so very creative!!!! Hugs Juls

Sarah Anderson said...

spriggle, what a gorgeous word, and lovely card too, but my favourite is the second one - such a fab idea :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning cards Tracy! Love the accordian fold, wonderful dimension on the medallion!

Nigel said...

Brilliant cards, love the accordion one :)

Michele Gross said...

Lovely creations!! That folding is fabulous!! Love how it reveals a little treasure in every panel :)

Chrissie said...

Both beautiful cards Tracy, but I think that the first one is my favourite!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Your cards are both stunning Tracy! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Alison xx

Kate said...

Great job Tracy :0)
I love the accordian card its beautiful
Kate xx

Suzanne C said...

Love the fold and how the flower is placed across teh folds. Beautiful cards!