Thursday 16 December 2010

Tagged Birds

I have used the PaperArtsy Papers (Thorndon Hall) for my next DT piece and decided to make a tag accordion card.
I simply drew around one of Tim's tags onto the PaperArtsy paper to make my accordion.  The edges have been distressed using Tim's Paper Distresser and the stamped images are from PaperArtsy Hot Picks range, Birds and Flowers.  All the images have been stamped with Adirondack Currant, and in some areas I have used the brushless watercolour technique (simply spritzing the stamp with water).  The bird on the right hand side is the second stamping hence a paler colour and my middle bird has some old screws for legs.  The flower on my house has had the Chipped Enamel technique applied (as detailed in Tim's Compendium of Curiosities book, page 44), enabling me to add this piece for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge which this week is to show a Tim Holtz Technique.
 
I have also added some hand stitching to the stem of one of my flowers and some faux stitching using a Pitt Pen around the second flower.  Added Idea-ology completes this side of the tag.
On the reverse I have tried to keep it quite simple so that you can see the detail of the paper.  I have created a flower from the Hot Picks Flowers and added a DREAM addage ticket, added a bird and cage using the Caged Bird Die along with some Idea-ology and a simple stamped flower on the final side, again using the Hot Picks Flowers.
I like the fact that these papers co-ordinate with the stamp sets which gives a very co-ordinated feel to your artwork.
I have also created a co-ordinated tag.  The cage in the background was the APERTURE from die cutting the Caged Bird Die which I thought I would use rather than just discard.

Wishing you all a HAPPY CHRISTMAS and very BEST WISHES for THE NEW YEAR, Tracy Evans x x.

17 comments:

Helen said...

This is lovely Tracy - I can't bring myself to cut this paper yet.....

Zue said...

Beautiful Tracy. It is simply stunning. I am in love with those colours and the paper is gorgeous. I have not come across that paper set yet! Your birds are beautiful and there is so much detail.
WoW
Sue xx

Sandy said...

Really really lovely card Tracy.
Wow so wonderful stamps. Brilliant job.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Drop dead gorgeous. I love birds and this one is one of my favorites you have made.

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, love the papers and what you have done. xx

Paper Paradise said...

I absolutely love this. The idea of a tag shape accordion works really well. Aren't these papers lovely too? they are great combined with the PA stamps. x

Julie Ranae said...

Really beautiful work as always Tracy! Hope you are having a lovely holiday season x

Netty said...

Oooh Tracy this is stunningly gorgeous. Such a wonderful theme and design. Brill work my friend, love it. Annette x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just gorgoues,wonderful,theme hugs cheryl xxxxx

Suzanne C said...

I agree that this is stunningly gorgeous! Love all the details on each tag! Beautiful!

Lori said...

Ooo, love the Paper Artsy stuff! Those hot picks, especially! Fabulous piece, Tracy, really beautiful, and thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!

donna said...

I just love what you have created. What yummy paper and stamps.

Sarah Anderson said...

Lots of beautiful elements on this piece Tracy, looks like it was a really enjoyable 'make' x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous artwork Tracy! Those papers look fab, might need some of them!
Happy Christmas! Only 7 more big sleeps! Lol!
Alison xx

Zue said...

I know you always put links to the poducts that you use, but I have not seen that lovely paper in the shops. I shall have to ask for it by name.
Sue xx

Lynn Stevens said...

What an awesome accordian card, Love the birds and great use of the cage leftovers, Girl you got it going on!

Terry said...

WOwie your little birdies are georgous, thank you for playing along with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx