Sunday 9 January 2011

Heartfelt Greetings

The colour challenge this week over at The Play Date Cafe is grass green, gold and silver.
I love gold and green together but I don't think I have ever used gold and silver together but there is always a first time and here it is.  I punched two hearts from watercolour paper and painted them with Stewart Gill paints Secret Garden and Bright Gold.  Once dry I added leafing flakes in gold and silver.
The picture above is our inspiration photo for this week and I love it, I love the shimmer from the water and the wonderful rich colours of the green and gold.
The paper I have used this time around is from BoBunny, Flutter Butter Willow and I have used both sides.  To complete my creation I have added some gold hearts and a gold bow to give the card some dimension along with a love sentiment from Outlines.  Until the next time, Tracy x x

24 comments:

Lori said...

What wonderful colors! And this is an absolutely gorgeous piece! I love it! Really elegant...

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What can I say Tracy other than that it's absolutely STUNNING!. I love the hearts and the background looks amazing ;) I absolutely fell in love with this card!!! xxx

Netty said...

Gorgeous card and loving the silver and the gold together. Annette x

Suzi B said...

Gorgeous!

flutterbycrafter said...

Lovely colours, gorgeous piece of work.

Helen said...

I love the effect you have achieved here, the colours look fab together this way!

Sandy said...

Oh wow what an elegant card.
Absolutely gorgeous Tracy. Love them.

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful use of the inspiration, love the effect. Kim

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Tracy! Love the rich gold and silver together with the green!

Juls said...

wow!!! so beautiful and romantic!! Hugs JUls

TuKara said...

Super ,tres orginale!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful use of the paints and the gold leafing!

Fiona said...

really pretty card Tracy

Nigel said...

This is gorgeous, very sumptuous.

Bobunny papers are brilliant, I've just received the midnight frost 6x6 pad. Definitely my style :)

Zue said...

Truly glorious,Tracy! You have put in so much time and effort and it was worth every second!
The hearts are lovely and how clever to dangle heart charms...
Sue xx

Ruby said...

This is gorgeous Tracy! You may not have used the colour combo before, but you've made it work perfectly! Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Colleen Dietrich said...

A very perfect use of the challenge colors this week! Wow! Love those heart charms on the die cut hearts. THanks for playing with us at The Cafe. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Just beautiful! Love the splashes of gold and silver on the hearts! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Gorgeous! Those hearts are wonderful! Such a pretty way to use the colors! :)

Anonymous said...

A stunning creation Tracy! The colours are beautiful! xx

Libby Hickson said...

This is completely gorgeous, Tracy! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe! :-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Those hearts are so cute! LOVE this! You are a great player--thanks for always sharing your talent:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:}

Suzanne C said...

Lovely hearts. The touch of silver and gold over the painted background is lovely. Lovely card.

Lynn Stevens said...

I'm doing some catching up on your blog, Gorgeous work as always Tracy!