Saturday 15 January 2011

SEW SIMPLE

I'm combining challenges again this morning as I want to spend the weekend in the garden, everywhere needs a good sort out and cleaning and If I'm a good girl and get everything sorted I can craft again later, that's my motivation LOL.
I am also trying to make sure I use all my stamps at least once, so this is a stamp set that has had its first use this morning for The Play Date Cafe Challenge, The Sunday Stamper which is to use DIAMONDS in your artwork and The Stampman Challenge which is DISTRESS. I was thrilled to be chosen as runner up for the last challenge so thank you ladies.
This is our colour inspiration for this week over at The Play Date Cafe, I love the shabby chic feel to this picture and I love working with these colours.
The dress form is from a Claudine Hellmuth set, which I stamped with DI Broken China onto Tim's Vintage Shabby Paper Stash which is where my DIAMONDS come in. I hand stitched around the bodice to give some dimension.  The bodice has been stamped onto Tim's Ornamental Die and again I have hand stitched around the shape.   Style is Eternal sentiment has been stamped onto white card with DI Tea Dye and the edges have been sponged with the same colour.  Embellishments and a vintage sign complete my card.  All the edges of the card have also been distressed with Tim's Distresser.
I also made a tag to coordinate with my card which I am entering for the Tag Tuesday challenge which is to use FABRIC on your tag.  Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

26 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Beautiful Tracy, just beautiful! Not only my colours too, but I love this theme :) Hmm, think I should check out that Tag Tuesday challenge...sounds right up my street too!!

Laura said...

Beautiful. I also love these colours. Must try to play along this week.

Zue said...

Beautiful creations, Tracy!!
They follow my favourite colour theme of duck-egg blue with creams, coffee and grey...this colour scheme reminds me of French country kitchens.

Sue xx

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Your mannequin is beautifully stamped and makes such a great image for this fabric challenge. I love the blues and browns, too. Gorgeous tag, Tracy!

Helen said...

I hope to get something done for the PDCC this week, and this is a real stunner.

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

Great color combinations and i love the layering. Very creative.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Both of these are really fantastic, but I love that tag. What a great use of different textures and elements. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC.

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful artwork Tracy.
Hope you get your chores out of the way & then you can craft. :) Have a great weekend. Gez.xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card and matching tag - you picked fab images to go along with the PDCC colors. Love the addition of the buttons and ruler, the hand stitching looks great!

Pauline said...

Just divine, beautiful stitching.

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!!!! I love sewing images, and I love how you have stitched the edging of the seamstress model...Love the fabric too...fabulous creation! HUgs Juls

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Tracy, this is STUNNING! Loving the combination of paper and fabric... beautiful! Hope you aren't too cold in the garden, it is blowing a gale here too... so, if you get bored in your garden you could always pop around to my...erm.. bombsite LOL
Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper hun x

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful tag, love the colors too!

Fiona said...

Beautiful interpretation of the PDCC colours this week Tracy :) Thanks for playing along with us!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Both! LOL! Love your choice of stamps, paper and fabric, just beautiful, have a wonderful weekend (what's left of it)

Michele Gross said...

2 wonderful projects! Lovely collage you've created and the diamonds stamped over the image panel looks great! Glad you joined us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful tag and card.

margaret said...

Love these so much! fab mannequin and my fav colours!! M

Jinny Newlin said...

So, so fun! I LOVE those dress forms and the way you stitched around the outside edges of them! Way to do this color story up right! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Cafe!

Tracey said...

LOVE the card and tag!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous Tracy! My other half tells me if I think I can make a card five times with a stamp then I'm allowed it lol, otherwise I should put it back! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!

Libby Hickson said...

Very very pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe challenge!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, these are beautiful. I love your colour scheme! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Tracy! This is fab! I love that tag--and I love your stamp choices! PERFECT:) You rock!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Oh I love these Tracy!! ...the colours and the sewing theme and embellies are gorgeous!!

Jan x

Suzanne C said...

Love the bits and pieces on your sewing card. The tag is pretty and the card lovely!