Sunday 30 January 2011

A Splash Of Colour

My next DT piece for The Stamp Attic is to use the images above, Bloom Clear from Claudine Hellmuth.  This time around I have created a three fold card using one of the flowers.  I simply cut a piece of 12 x 12 Bazzil card stock in half and scored at 4" and 8" to form my accordion.
My flower, stems and leaves have all been stamped onto the 7 Gypsies Paddington Paper using black Archival Ink. I have used the image on the bottom of the stamp, which could be used for grass as my stems, simply cut up into random pieces.
I have highlighted the centre of the flowers with purple Bazzil card and a small button.  Faux stitching has been added to lift the flowers from the black background.
The flowers and leaves have been raised to give a 3D like appearance.
To complete I have added a Studio 490 Scollop Art Part, which has been stamped with Hero Arts Old French Writing and sponged with DI dusty concord.  I have threaded black ribbon through the holes to add some texture.

I am also entering this piece for The Play Date Cafe challenge which this week is a colour splash; black, white and a splash of lilac/purple.  Our inspiration for this week is the picture below.
I would also like to take this opportunity to let you all know that The Altered Alice monthly challenge has started today with week 1 challenge being CHANGES IN FORM and DRESS FORMS.  The challenge is to create something that features a dress form or something that changes form.  The first set of DT art is fabulous and well worth a visit and the rest of the DT work will appear at weekly intervals throughout the month of February, with mine scheduled for 6th February.  Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

12 comments:

Helen said...

Fantastic, Tracy! I love this card.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a fun fold, love the funky flower images!

Juls said...

fabulous!!! Love the funky flowers! Hugs Juls

Lori said...

Wonderful Tracy! Love that Paddington paper, makes great flowers! Great idea!

Zue said...

Nice piece of work, Tracy. I like the idea of the folded card and I think you have used the colours in a very nice subtle way.
Sue xx

Fiona said...

What a funky card Tracy! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Sandy said...

Oh wow wow wow wow wow Tracy your latest pieces are a fest for my eyes. So wonderful and unique. I love them all.

Michele Gross said...

Its Fun! Its Funky! Its Fresh! I love it :D Fab use of our splash colors and so glad you played with us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Tracey! I LOVE this... the accordion fold, the height of the flowers, their embellished centers... EVERYTHING! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy, this is lovely. S xx

Suzanne C said...

This is fabulous! love how the flowers grow with opening of the folds!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WHAT a fun accordion fold card! THIS is super cute--love those flowers and how they grow grow grow!! Thanks so much for playing along with us and for joining in the fun at the PDCC!!!