Sunday 23 January 2011

Stepping Into Spring Early

Time for another challenge over at The Play Date Cafe with a couple of Zesty colours, Orange and Green along with Grey.
I only had time to make a simple card, but time allowing I would like to play along again with these colours.
I stamped my background stamp (Flower Bursts from Hero Arts) with Versamark ink onto glossy card and embossed with clear powder.  I sponged DI pumice stone over the image to give me my grey element.  The circles were cut using Spellbinders circles and one circle was cut from glossy card and a part of the background stamp added to the circle and clear embossed as before.  A small zesty orange circle was added to the top left with the sentiment happy spring added, which I won in a Memory Box competition.  Orange ribbon was added along with green gems to the top right.  My finished piece was layered onto orange and grey card stock.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Tracy x x

18 comments:

Sue said...

This is lovely Tracey, I love your embossing and Pumice Stone just seems to go with everything. I't so nice to see some colour, makes you think that Spring may be arround the corner (bet it's not though lol )x

Lisa Somerville said...

The Emboss resist looks wonderful with these lovely flowers Tracy!

Netty said...

Lovely classic card Tracy. Annette x

flutterbycrafter said...

Lovely card, never thought of embossing onto glossy card, thanks for the tip. xx

Pauline said...

This is lovely, I love the circles and the embossing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love your background Tracy! x

Nigel said...

Beautiful card, and congrats on your good news in your previous post :)

Fiona said...

Tracy what a lovely way to use the colours at the PDCC this week! So soft and subtle :) Thanks for playing along!

cheryl said...

oh hun may be simple but boy its so effective,hugs cheryl xxx

Lori said...

Yep, what Cheryl said, simple, but VERY effective. Love that pumice stone with the splash of orange, really stunning. Love it!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a great background! Your card is very pretty. Thank you so much for playing along at the Play Date Cafe.

Zue said...

The colours are lovely, aren't they? I like simple, so I am impressed by your two creations!!
Congratulations on your DT post and you said your dad was improving....really hope he is on the mend!
Sue xx

Ruby said...

Lovely card Tracy! You've worked the colours so well, really pretty!

Juls said...

this is just fab!!! Hugs Juls

Colleen Dietrich said...

Soft and pretty, and I like how you've highlighted one of the large flowers. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Tracey said...

Beautiful Tracy!! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful embossing and gorgeous ribbon! Awesome job with our colors this week! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! The dimension with the popped flowers is so pretty! Love that little happy spring sentiment too!