Tuesday 25 January 2011

A Zesty Owl

I had one hour this morning to be creative so I had to challenge myself to make a simple card as I do not work very quickly at all so this was a challenge in itself.  I decided to have another go at The Play Date Cafe challenge.
I really like the Zesty orange and green combined with the grey.
This is my second entry this week so I thought I would create a Zesty owl from felt and as I have added plenty of buttons I am also entereing this for The Sunday Stamper challenge which this week is to use BUTTONS in your artwork.
The swirl is an old Fancy Pants stamp which has been stamped with DI pumice stone, a new favourite of mine and the WISH sentiment is one of Wendy Vecchi's.
Thanks for stopping by, your comments are much appreciated. Tracy x x

14 comments:

Juls said...

this is fab!!! This card really makes me smile!!! I love the owl...and I love how you have added buttons to the swirl....I have this stamp...now I want to stamp it out and bling it up...thank you for the inspiration! Hugs Juls

Zue said...

Hi Tracy
You have been busy, these colours really inspired you! I love both of your creations.
I have not decided yet what to do.
I love buttons too and use them a lot.
Pumice stone is my favourite colour and I love grey anyway.
Fabulous work Tracy, as ever
Have a lovely afternoon!
Sue xxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant Tracy. Just love how you have used the buttons. Take care.xx

Michele Gross said...

How cute! Love that you described the color combo as Zesty! :) This little owl is certainly zesty and I love that you used felt!! Fun design and great use of the colors, glad you came back to play with us again at The Play Date Cafe! :)

flutterbycrafter said...

What a super card, love your owl, the way you've used buttons for his eyes, and the flourish stamp is awesome, great work. x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! The owl is fab Tracy, those button eyes look great! x

Netty said...

Another fab entry Tracy and am loving your design, great flourish. Annette x

Meggymay said...

Realy cute owl, super card.

Fiona said...

Great owl Tracy :) Thanks for taking the time to visit us again at the PDCC this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Those big, button, owl eyes are too, stinkin' cute, Tracy! Thank you so much for playing with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh, how fun are those button eyes on that owl - he is too cute. Glad you gave it another go at the Play Date Cafe this week.

Libby Hickson said...

This is so stinkin' cute, love that owl! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful design. I totally could see the inspiration photo in your card with the movement of the flourishes and the owl is adorable!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh those button eyes are a HOOT, Couldn't resit, It really is darling Tracy!