Sunday, 20 February 2011

A Bouquet Of Good Wishes

This week The Play Date Cafe are having a 'COMBINED GRIND' challenge with CASE Study challenge. The Play Date focus on a colour challenge and the CASE study focus on the idea of COPY AND SHARE EVERYTHING.
Our challenge is to intepret the card above in our own way and to make the chosen colours the focus of our card.
I focused on the flower first which I die cut from an old apron using the Alterations Tattered Floral die.  I sprayed each flower with Dylusions Worn Leather Ink Spray and scrunched each flower in my hand.  Once dry I scrunched them again and then layered each flower together and added a red button.
My background pieces have been cut from an old BASICGREY paper stack using the Alterations Ornamental die and the swirl is from a Fancy Pants set stamped in black archival ink.
I also added some ribbon which I gathered to add even more dimension to the card. Thanks for stopping by, your comments are much appreciated, Tracy x x

24 comments:

Suzi B said...

Hi Tracey, that really is a tattered flower! but I love it :)
Sue x

Fiona said...

Great textured card Tracy! Fabby flower! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Julia Dunnit said...

Yum. Wow. Love that such a differently beautiful card comes from your interpretation.

flutterbycrafter said...

Love, love, love your tattered flower, beautiful card

Kay said...

Wow, I love it, especially the flower which is gorgeous!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, love your glimmery scrunched flower!

Sandy said...

Oh wow Tracy this is soooo beautiful.
Wonderful card and the glimmering is wowowow !! I love them.

Lynn Stevens said...

Too funny ,when I first looked at the top picture I thought that can't be Tracys its not her styly. LOL. I was right.... Yours is much more Artsy! I adore your fabric flower. Well done GF
hugs Lynn

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

Yummy colours and handmade flowers - my favourite combination! Gorgeous card, Tracy, I love it! x

Michele Gross said...

Lovely and LOVE that fun fabric flower!! Glad you had fun with our Combined Grind this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Susan Allan said...

Your flower is totally brilliant. I like your take on the challenge this week!

Thanks for your kind comment about my hand!

Take care.

Sue xx

TuKara said...

Your Flower is magnifique!!!!J'adore ca!!!!

Sarah Anderson said...

oo oo oo, love that flower Tracy :) :) :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! LOVE the shabby chic look to this and that flower is stunning Tracy!

Carol Q said...

lovely interpretation Tracy and a fab tatty flower.

Julie said...

Great card, that flower is really neat looking! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that fabby, fabric flower, Tracy! Such a great take on our Combined Grind Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Ruby said...

Ooh how lovely to make a fabric flower from an apron, you're so clever! Love your card too Tracy. Thanks for joining in with our combined grind over that the Play Date Cafe with CASE Study!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! That fabric flower is STUNNING! LOVE it:) I love this card--you did a great job on both challenges:) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Libby Hickson said...

WOW, love that fabric flower!! What a fun idea! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Great card, Tracy! :) Thank you so much for joining us for our special challenge this week!

Jean Martin said...

That flower is absolutely gorgeous Tracy! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge this week! :)

Suzanne C said...

LOVE that flower! So much texture and depth on your beautiful card.

Juls said...

I love your card!! the fabric flower is just amazing!! Hugs Juls