Tuesday 8 February 2011

Heartfelt Greetings

The Sunday Stamper - TIME.
Simon Says Stamp and Show - some EMBOSSING.
Compendium of Curiosities -RUSTED ENAMEL, page 41 of the book.
The Play Date Cafe - Inspiration photo below.
A combination of challenges this week just to fit everything in once again.  I have created three pieces this time around as I had a little more time to play.
The rusted enamel technique has been applied to my small heart at the top, subtle I know but I have used the technique LOL.  My time element is Tim's Idea-ology clock piece at the top and I added the text TIME FOR LOVE to fit in with The Sunday Stamper theme and Simon Says Stamp and Show some embossing and I have embossed both hearts, the one with the button added and the one at the top of the page again very subtle, but sometimes less is more and I have used the colour challenge for The Play Date Cafe.
I also created a second card for The Play Date Cafe challenge.
I attended one of Sarah Anderson's workshops at the weekend and we worked on texture in our pieces so I thought I would use one of the techniques to add texture to my heart shaped box.
I just need some chocolates to add to the box and this would make an ideal small gift for my son on Valentine's.  Thanks for stopping by.  Tracy x x


 

28 comments:

Juls said...

wow!!! such fabulous creations!!! Hugs Juls

Hels Sheridan said...

Oooh, lush colours there Tracy, that texture on the box looks very strokable... thanks for joining in with the SUnday Stamper x

flutterbycrafter said...

Beautiful work, fabulous colours xx

Helen said...

Wow, they are fab!! What a cute little heart box.

Annie said...

What fab creations you've got to show us today. :-)
A x

Zue said...

Lovely work..the box looks like velvet and I particularly like the white heart it reminds me a new-born lamb.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

gorjuss work there, so much going on, the box is really pretty, well done

hugs
judie xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of color - love your altered box!

Anonymous said...

stunning work on this one, the colours are right and the design is superb
hope all is good with you and that your week is going well
take care for now
June

Brenda Brown said...

Three fabulous heart pieces Tracy, love the textures, colours and designs. (M&S have got little heart chocs at the moment).
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Elaine said...

Love the layout of your hearts - great design!

Meggymay said...

Love these hearts, the colour is gorgeous.

Fiona said...

Wow Tracy you've been so busy this week! Glad you had time to play with the colours so much - great work :) Thanks for stopping by the PDCC this week!

Kim said...

Very nicely done!! I love when the challenges merge! I don't think I would have thought of red for the rested enamel...hmmm...

minnie_mac said...

Beautiful pieces. The texture on the box is fab.

Marilyn

Linda Ledbetter said...

What gorgeous art, Tracy! The rusted enamel heart looks gorgeous, and the card you designed around it is am amazing work of valentine art! I love the stitching, and the splatter pattern is so cool!

You second card is great as well. The crackled heart is such a great embellishment. And, that sweet, heart-shaped treasure box is precious!

Bravo-- times THREE!!!

Lori said...

Great pieces, Tracy! Love the colors, the red is really deep and rich. And all the textures are fabulous!

Lori said...

And thank you for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Jinny Newlin said...

Girl, you've been busy! These are fantastic and, absolutely, full to overflowing with reach-out-and-touch-me texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fab creations! I'm especially loving that box you created with Sarah's technique. It looks wonderful! Yes, you're right; you just needs some chocolates now to pop in there. :) THanks for playing with us at the Cafe!

MarleneMAZ said...

Gorgeous hearts! love how you combined everything.

Sarah Anderson said...

oooo how soft does that box look! great use of Saturday's heart ;) Love all your pieces though. Thanks so much for joining our play date over at the cafe ;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love it all, but that box's texture is amazing! Thanks for sharing your projects with The Play Date Cafe.

Suzanne C said...

Loving all the projects! The spray on the first card is wonderful. The box is yummy and the second card is beautiful too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully festive projects, Tracy! Love all those glorious hearts and you've done such a marvelous job with our colors! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lynn Stevens said...

Now thats what I call making it all work! Awesome Tracy!!!

Sandy said...

Very very romantic Tracy.
Really beautiful work. I love them all.

Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! x