Monday 28 February 2011

Step Into Spring

The Stampman Challenge - CURLS and SWIRLS
Sunday Stamper Challenge - PARIS
The Play Date Cafe Challenge - COLOUR CHALLENGE see inspiration photo below.
My inspiration came from the colours from The Play Date Cafe, which this week are lovely cheery colours which really had me thinking about Spring, along with the fact that the birds have been singing particularly loudly in my garden this weekend and the frogs have finally appeared in my pond. I have been crafting on and off this weekend, I seem to start something and after an hour take a break to do a little housework and then come back to crafting and that's how my weekend has taken shape.  After two days of this routine I have finally completed three pieces for the challenges above, think I must be the slowest crafter on the planet LOL.
My first piece is an accordion card which has a very definite SPRING theme using an Outlines tulip stamp. I have used the colours from The Play Date Cafe with a small spash of blue in the button on the bottom right hand corner and there is some blue in my flowers too which does not show up to well in the photograph.
This is the back of my accordion and my swirls are in the hearts which come from the Tim Holtz Alterations Heart Wings die.  I have also gathered a piece of ribbon which also created some swirls/curls.
The bird has been created from kitchen towel which I sprayed with colour and then die cut the bird using Tim's Alterations Caged Bird Die.
The flowers and heart have also been created from kitchen towel.
Hand stitching and embellishments complete my first creation.
 
My second piece is an easel card using papers and stamps from Papermania.  The colours are as per The Play Date Cafe and the swirls are included on my paper and on the stamping in the heart.
I also added a needle felted heart to the bottom right hand corner to give some dimension.
My final piece is a simple card made with all the leftovers of my coloured kitchen towel.  I simply stamped the dress image from B Line Designs onto the kitchen towel and cut out.  I do not have any PARIS images so added the text PARIS and some french text to the top of my card. There are also some swirls to the top of two of the dresses, albeit small but they are there.  Again this piece uses the colours from The Play Date Cafe.  Enjoy your week, I am off to do a little more housework and then perhaps more crafting, I can see a routine taking shape here LOL.  Take care, Tracy x x

17 comments:

Suzi B said...

These are gorgeous Tracey! can't decide which is my favourite, accordian card is in the lead at the mo :)
Sue x

Nigel said...

These are brilliant, I can almost smell spring in the air.

I'm not sure about the slowest crafter claim though. I reckon there could be some serious contenders at the Cubby Hole ;)

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab pieces Tracy - wonderful use of color! Love all the pieces/elements you created with the kitchen towel!

Netty said...

All terrific pieces Tracy and love what you have done with a kitchen towel, brilliant. Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabulush pieces Tracy, thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

Dolly Daydreams said...

All your pieces are amazing, beautiful colours and textures I will however have to say that your not the slowest crafter on the planet that's me I only managed two things and that was without the housework. ! Marie

Helen said...

What beautiful pieces, Tracy - all 3 are wondeerful - and they suit the colours perfectly.

flutterbycrafter said...

Fabulous pieces, they are all terrific, very inspirational xx

Lori said...

Wow! Tracy these are really WONDERFUL! Love the colors you used, they're awesome!

Zue said...

You have been so busy...these are all very spring-like and bring hope!!
You are far from slow. I use kichen roll too, very versatile stuff! Oh, forgot to say how much I lik all of these creations
Don't go over board on the housework!
Sue xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous pieces Tracy and the colours are so vibrant and fresh. Oh for some sunny spring days. Love what you have done with the 'leftovers'.
I don't think you must be too slow, I think that of myself, but there is so much creative thinking going on in my head at the same time. Just as important isn't it?
Anyway thanks for joining in the Stamp Man challenge.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tracy, this is such an interesting project, full of wonderful details. So glad you incorporated the colors in our challenge this week at the Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

There is so much to look at and drool over in this post Tracy. No wonder it took you so long, there's so much there!!!! I LoVe how you've used the Outlines tulip stamp, and the little dresses are so so cute! Thanks so much for joining us in the play date cafe this week :) And for joining us at The Stampman too ;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Wow, I can tell some love went into this piece - there are so many amazing details! You really have knack for those spritzs. Thank you for sharing your project with The Play Date Cafe.

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow, girl! You've been busy! LOVE all your fabby details and textures! Thank you so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Another trio of fab projects! Love that you used the kitchen towel! You are always coming up with something inspiring!

Lynn Stevens said...

How did I miss this post? Gorgeous creations and so many of them!!!love your choice of colors!