Tuesday 1 February 2011

WELCOME

I thought I would have a change from cards today and get a little inky in my small journal, well my first page in my small journal to be precise.  I still can't quite get my head around journaling but I've tried.  I try to approach it the same way as I do a card but I still find it a little difficult to get my journaling head on LOL.
I created this piece for the Stampotique Designers Challenge which is to use the colours ORANGE and TURQUOISE.  I did plan to enter this to WELCOME all the new Design Team members to Stampotique but I have missed that deadline by a day but I thought I would still say a BIG WARM WELCOME to you all.
The background was created with Gesso and Altered Originals sprays.  The houses are from the Stampotique stamp Row of Houses (available from The Stamp Attic) , stamped onto white card coloured with DI spiced marmalade and broken china. White dots have been added with a white gel pen to lift the images from the pages.  I have added hand stitching, hearts, and buttons to complete my pages.  Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

19 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Well considering you can't get your head round journaling, you've done a darn pretty good job here girl, it's wonderful.xx

Willy said...

Fabulous piece as always, Tracy! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge # 23.

Juls said...

this is just fabulous!!!! I am loving the journaling....I am needing to get started on one myself...I have the 365 day one, but I want to do more....I am loving the colours you have used and the buttons....thanks for the inspiration! Hugs Juls

Carol Q said...

fab pages Tracy, great effect with the dots.

Helen said...

Gorgeous as always. I want to have a go at journalling, but don't have an intersting enough life to write about - still, we'll see!

Basement Stamper said...

Your journal pages look fantastic and the colors on them really POP. Sorry you missed the deadline for the guest designer :-(

Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Paper Paradise said...

Well I think the journal page is simply amazing!!!! I would be so pleased to have created it. Journalling is something I do want to get into, it's just being brave enough I think! Sue x

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy, thes pages are FAB! I love them. S xx

Zue said...

It is a lovely beginning to what may become an addictive pastime. I like the way you have used the buttons. I love the stamps and the colours too. Lovely pages!

Sue xx

cheryl said...

oh these are just brilliant pages,love them hugs cheryl xxxx

Netty said...

Terrific pages Tracy, they look fab my friend. Annette x

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful journal pages, love the way the BG turned out!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful journal pages! The layers of the colors are beautiful!

Sandy said...

Wow Tracy this rock.
Wonderful welcome page. Absolutely stunning. Love the colors.

Kaz said...

Love this page, I think you have got your head around journalling. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful journalpages. Thank you for joining the Stampotique challenge

Laura said...

Love how you have double decked the houses. Very effective.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful page, I love the colours, just gorgeous...! xx

Tasha said...

So fun and funky, love the use of buttons
Thanks for joining in the Stampotique Designer's Challenge
love tasha xx