Saturday 18 June 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On

Following a glance around blogland I noticed that Lynn Stevens, Gerrie Johnic, Lisa Somerville, Suzanne, Louise, Barbara Washington, Judy Hayes and Stephanie Severin had used the new stamps from the Artistic Outpost, LONDON UNDERGROUND AND LOVERLY LONDON and I knew as soon as I saw all their fabulous artwork that I needed these stamp sets, especially as my husband spends a great deal of time in London so would make great images for a masculine card for his special occasions. Thanks so much for the inspiration ladies.

I decided I would create something for Grungy Monday, only just in time I might add but everyday life has been getting in the way of crafting fun again so a quick make from me this week in the form of a card.  This week we are following another of Tim's techniques which you can find HERE.
I have used Tim's technique in the background on my flag. The background pieces of card have been coloured with DI tea dye and vintage photo. All my edges have been distressed and so I can add this as my second piece for Simon Says Stamp and Show your distressed/torn edges and I have plenty of those in this creation.
I have added ribbon, a bus and crown to embellish my piece. A quick post from me today, well quick for me anyway as believe it or not I am still in the middle of preparations for Father's Day.  Enjoy what's left of the weekend.  Tracy x x

22 comments:

Suzanne C said...

FABULOUS! So happy you were able to find them so quickly! :) Love what you did and the bus is the perfect touch!

G Peplow said...

Hi Tracy, Wonderful card love all the little details and yes I think I may just need those stamps too LOL Have a great weekend, Gay xxx

flutterbycrafter said...

I agree FABULOUS, great for a man or anyone would be pleased to receive this wonderful creation xx

Netty said...

These are certainly very popular stamps Tracy, but you have used them beautifully. Love the inclusion of the Union Jack Flags. Enjoy your weekend. Annette

Nigel said...

LOL, great minds think alike :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the new London Plates, glad you were able to get a hold of them so quickly! Don't forget to enter your card on the Artistic Outpost Referral Program post at www.artisticoutpost.blogspot.com.

Lori said...

What a fabulous card from those stamp sets, Tracy! Really wonderful!

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab card using those wonderful stamps...love the little bus on there.

Barb Cady said...

I ifnd your work so inspiring! I would love those stamps too, great creation, thank you.xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous card, love those stamps. Yvonne x

Candy C said...

Hi Tracy! I love your London Calling piece! These stamps are amazing! Love the colors you used and your design is fabulous! As always...beautifully done!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Hugs- Candy

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fabulous taste of London, Tracy! Love the stamps and the layout is great ;)) xx

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

FABULOUS!

Brenda Brown said...

Mmmm fabulous card and stamps Tracy, love the colours and design.
Hope you are all having a good Father's day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Aleksander said...

Wow! Very cool card!
Love your style:)
Aleksander

Hettie said...

Ilove these stamps too but not yet... Loving this card Tracy - well done!

Juls said...

fab!! Love the little bus an the twine detail!!! Hugs Juls

Emma Williams said...

Sorry for the belated comments...last week, was one of those weeks but hopefully, things can only get better!

As for all the projects that you've been making...FAB-U-LOUS!! But this one is definitely my favourite, just love everything about it and I think you've convinced me to buy those stamps! :)
Hope you have a great weekend.
Love Emma xxx

Lynn Stevens said...

Another Fabulous card, Love the grungy look and where on earth did you find that darling bus?
Hugs Lynn

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful Tracy. Love what you have created with the stamps..what a lovely keepsake :)

Lynne Phelps said...

Fantastic, just fantastic! I love Artistic Outpost and now, darn it, I ****NEED**** these stamp sets!!!!

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Tracey
Love all your British Pieces, they are my favorite!thanks for yr kind words on my DT position today. till next time take care, gerri