Wednesday 15 June 2011

Long Legged Steampunk Bird

Time for this weeks DT piece for 100 Proof Press. I have used the Generic Bird Diagram to decorate my long legged bird (from PaperArtsy). I have painted the bird with Fresco Paint Little Black Dress, cut a circle from thick board and painted with a layer of Little Black Dress then the Crackle Glaze and a top coat of Honey Dew to give me my crackle.  The Generic Bird Diagram has then been stamped over the top of the crackle with archival ink.
I have added watch parts from an old watch for the birds eyes.
The base again thick board has been covered with Tim's ruler ribbon and machine stitched into place and the edges have been frayed and distressed.  I have added two of Tim's sprockets and a few black snaps to decorate the base and add to the Steampunk feel of my piece.
The bird's plumage has been created using the Flower Face stamp from 100 Proof Press. I have stamped two flowers onto 7 Gypsies Paddington paper which has clock faces and is more visible IRL, cut out and added to Grungepaper to make them more sturdy. I have added a little Honey Dew paint to the petals to match my bird's body pieces.

This is the reverse of my long legged bird and this time around I have used the Number Set, Block stamp from 100 Proof Press to decorate the centre of my bird's body.
A close up shows the stamp in a little more detail.
I have made a necklace for my bird, for identification of course, all birds need some form of identification, right???  My necklace has a bee, birdcage, wings and a clock dangling from it.
The legs have had pewter keys added along with some watch parts dangling from each one.

A close up of my birds identification necklace LOL.
Clocks have been added along with watch parts all around my bird.
To complete I have added a key behind my bird's plummage which again has watch parts dangling from it.

I would like to enter this piece for:-
Simon Says Stamp and Show Your - Distressed/Torn edges - all my card pieces, paper and wood have all been distressed with a paper distresser and sand paper to add to the worn feel and my ribbon at the base has had the edges torn/shredded.
The Sunday Stamper - Steampunk.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love to read your comments. Tracy x x 

24 comments:

Helen said...

Ow wowTracy! this is stunning!! Such detail and inventiveness. Fantastic.

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab piece Tracy - very creatitve, wonderful details! Congrats on your top 3 spot at the Simon Says Blog, well deserved!

Emma Williams said...

Oh Tracy...this is totally stunning! What a unique piece of artwork...absolutely wonderful work, as always!
Love Emma xxx

Kaz Hall said...

WOW another wonderful piece love all the elements of this bird......the stamp, the steampunk watches, brilliant!!

kazxx

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful creation!

Meggymay said...

Wow, your bird is awesome. Love all the details. Yvonne xx

Juls said...

wow!!! what a great project!!! Hugs Juls

Debbie said...

Stunning! What a handsome bird! Great technique and design! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Tracy, he is amazing........

Artyjen said...

An avian delight! Fabby :)
xoxo Sioux

Netty said...

Oooh Tracy I have one of those birds and had forgotten about it, so seeing your fabulous make has reminded me to dig it out of its bag collecting the dust and use it.
Your bird is brilliant and love how you've enhanced it. Annette x

Candy C said...

Tracy...this steampunk bird is crazy! LOVE it! You are just oozing with creativity!! So much detail and so many wonderful things to see! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful piece with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Gerri Herbst said...

Tracey,,,What can I say but this is incredible. I love this steampunk bird. Hats off to you! take care, gerri

Lori said...

This is totally awesome, Tracy! Love the steampunk style, and that bird shape is so cool! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Aplausos!
bela obra de arte!

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing gosh the detail on this hun is stunning oh,love love it hugs cheryl x

Hels Sheridan said...

oh would you look at him... he is brilliant!! Loving your birdy Tracy... he is a little work of art... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper xx

PsyPenguin said...

Fantastic piece, so original! I love him - he's got so much character. Not seen those 100 proof press stamps before, but they're very cool.
xx

Barb Cady said...

OMG! You are so clever, I love him, are you going to do an avery full of them? xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh Tracy, Well Steampunk birds seem to be the flavor of the day! Great minds!!! LOL
Love him!!!!!
hugs Lynn

Carol Q said...

absolutely brilliant Tracy.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is gorgeous! love all the lements
xx

G Peplow said...

WOW well done, what a brilliant make, he's got real character, love that he's covered in little decorations all over, such an interesting piece, hugs Gay xxx

Suzanne C said...

Over the top! Wonderful design. Loving all the intricacy in the details!