Thursday 23 June 2011

Spool of Florals

Time for this weeks DT piece for 100 Proof Press.
I have used Flower Face to decorate my spool which I have also created from white card. The top and the bottom of the spool has been stamped with Number Set, Block (I love these numbers for backgrounds) and the centre of the spool has been stamped with the Profit and Loss sheet.
I have used Alpha Parts to add bloom to the centre of the spool and used match sticks to which I have attached the blooms.
Buttons have been sewn to the centres of each bloom to give that pop of colour and I have sponged the edges of my piece with DI vintage photo to give an aged feel.


Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

17 comments:

G Peplow said...

Beautiful colours, love that pop of the red buttons, gay xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Ooh Tracy this is so beautiful :) Gorgeous..xx

cheryl said...

oh tracey hun this are gorgoues they look so effective hugs cherylxxxx

Netty said...

Looking fab and love the red buttons

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab bouquet of flowers, thanks for the inspiration!

flutterbycrafter said...

So creative and inventive, beautiful xx

france papillon said...

gorgeous piece! love how the hart of the flowers give peps to the whole set!

Gerri Herbst said...

So very cool! I think I have a bunch of vintage spools of thread and now you've given me some inspiration.Beautiful work, gerri

Barb Cady said...

Wonderful. You keep giving such inspirational posts, I can't keep up! Pay no attention to that, keep going, I love your work. xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh so gorgeous. I love this its such a heartwarming summery piece. Beautiful
ps,
have a freebie on my dezinaworld blog for fun friday
have a good weekend my friend
hugs June x

Lori said...

Beautiful Tracy! I LOVE the flowers!

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful work and I LOVE those flowers! Just a wonderful, gorgeous piece of artwork. Have a great weekend, Tracy.
Love Emma xx

Gerri Herbst said...

stunning again...thanks for visiting me. gerri :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Super cool flower spool! Love the flowers and the button centres ;)) xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, this is fabulous!!!

Juls said...

this is amazing!!! I just Love how you have created all your flowers!! Hugs Juls

Suzanne C said...

So clever. Lovely flower bouquet!