Saturday 23 July 2011

All Sewn Up

Morning all, time for my next DT piece for The Stamp Attic. I have been playing with stamps again, namely A FORM OF ART by Wendy Vecchi and the HABERDASHERY set by Tim Holtz.
My background piece is coloured with DI faded jeans, simply apply the colour directly from the ink pad and then spritz with water. I stamped the bodice from Wendy's set onto scrap paper and cut out the centre to make a stencil.  Place the stencil onto the decorated background piece and sponge through the stencil with Adirondack snow cap ink and dry with a heat tool. Keep the stencil in place and using the text background from Wendy's set stamp onto the bodice with black Archival ink and remove the stencil. The pattern on the left hand side is from Tim's Haberdashery set and has been stamped with black Archival ink and paper pieced with white card. White machine stitching was then added to the outside edge.
I printed the dictionary SEW definition on the computer and added to co-ordinated card and added to my card blank.  Three snaps have been added to continue the sewing theme.  To complete, I added letters to jump rings adding glossy accents and added to my bodice and card.
Whilst I was on a roll I created a second card using the same stamp sets.  On this occasion the bodice was stamped onto white card with faded jeans ink and then stamped a second time without re-inking to give a shadow effect. Again I have added machine stitching to the outside edge, this time adding two rows of stitching.
I have added the word SEW using Grunge Blocks coloured with black paint dabber, sanding some of the areas and then adding DI vintage photo giving an aged feel to the letters. I added letters to memo pins and added to the bodice.
My second shadow bodice has a trinket pin added. To complete, I have added buttons from the Sewing Room die, added thread and sponged the edges.


Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend.  Tracy x x

16 comments:

cheryl said...

oh just love this,the colors and embellishments on this work brilliantly hugs cheryl xxx

Barb Cady said...

Thanks Tracy, you have got my mojo up and running again with inspiration from another wonderful piece by you. I feel in a 'blue' mood but in a good way! Have a great weekend. x

G Peplow said...

Good Morning Tracy, Fabulous cards here today, love the blue theme and have to say I have a favourite:0) it's the second:0) The addition of the big letters brings it all together although both are brilliant, Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

A favourite theme of mine.
Love your creations with all the details.
Congratulations on being published in The Stampers' Sampler. My copy arrived from Wendy this morning.
Wishes
Lynne

Gerri Herbst said...

Both are wonderful...cant pick a fav today.
You know how much I like mannequins so they are both wonderful. take care, gerri

Emma Williams said...

Love, love...LOVE!! Gorgeous creations and beautifully put together. Stunning work, as always! :)
Happy weekend, Tracy.
Love Emma xx

Netty said...

Smashing card and great colour choice Tracy. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab cards, love the colors and added embellies!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant vintage effects Tracy, love them.

flutterbycrafter said...

Two stunning cards, lovely colour choice, and embellishments xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Hey Tracy, seems like forever since I've been over her, I see your creating like mad! What a darling design. I always forget to add those snaps! Cute cute cute! now off for a lookie around!
hugs Lynn

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Love, love, love these pieces Tracy! The blue colour palette is lovely and all the sewing stuff - my big favourite at the moment! You are such a talented stamper! ;)) Hugs, Joanna xx

Anonymous said...

Wow i love these creations they are so pretty in the blue, wonderful intricate work Tracy.
If you get time, please pop by my Dezinaworld blog today as i have a free collage sheet for everyone. I hope you will like it. Have a great day !
June

Jingle said...

These look great!

Juls said...

oooooh wow!!! these creations are just fabulous!!! Love everything about them!! Hugs Juls

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic! Love seeing all the different elements and love the spatial design. Lovely!