Monday 4 July 2011

ALLSORTS.......

.....is the order of the day for me today.  I am on catch up with a few challenges, firstly with the challenge over at Stampotique where we are challenged to use our scraps.
These are the scraps I had to hand on my desk, along with some printer paper and a small piece of mountboard, not very inspiring to work with but I tried LOL.
I cut an ATC from the coloured card stock using the Alterations die and adhered the coloured piece to my small piece of mountboard. The backgrounds have been coloured with Distress Stains broken china and wild honey.  I added some torn pieces to the background from my scrap of wild honey coloured card piece. I stamped my mermaid (Smushasha) onto a scrap of card, coloured with Distress Stains and added to the ATC.
I added corners along with the dictionary definition for Mermaid along with three small punched circles to complete my piece. As I have added some writing in the form of a definition, I am adding this to the Sunday Stampers challenge which this week is to use writing in your artwork.

My next piece is for The Play Date Cafe Challenge and our colours this week were quite a challenge, especially with the yellow element.
I created a simple stamped card for this week.
I decided to use one of my new purchases, FUN DIALS by Suzanne Carillo, available from The Stamp Attic, which I simply inked with Distress Inks and stamped onto white card stock.
I added Dream, Believe, Inspire, Love as my sentiment and added the word DREAM to a couple of my dials. The completed piece was matt onto co-ordinated card stock to match the colour story and co-ordinated buttons added to each corner.

I am also adding these pieces to My Mojo Monthly with Sarah as I think this is a fabulous idea from Sarah.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

26 comments:

Kaz said...

Both are gorgeous Tracy. I love your background on the mermaid ATC. Thanks for joining us again on Stampotique.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the design, Tracy...the colors look great the way you've arranged them! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Emma Williams said...

Oh Tracy...both pieces are stunning and the mermaid is amazing...love everything about it. Once again~faultless and such gorgeous work!
Love Emma xx

Netty said...

Terrific designs Tracy. Have a great week, xx

Hermine said...

Totally cool!

Jayne C said...

Both great pieces, Tracy!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous designs, love the mermaid. Yvonne x

flutterbycrafter said...

Both pieces are great, love the colours and the mermaid xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Tracy, Great ATC, love Smushasha, she has so much style LOL and your card is wonderful, great stamps, Gay xxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the ATC you created with the scraps, just perfect for the Stampotique challenge!

Gerri Herbst said...

Love both of these...but the second one is my favorite today! take care, gerri

Willy said...

Love your ATC, Tracy. Wonderful as always! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer’s Challenge # 33.

Neet said...

What a fab atc - love your background. Hugs, Neet x

Juls said...

wow!!! 2 very AMAZING and Fantabulous cards!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! Love your Stampotique scrapcard. Great colors and wonderful use of your scraps. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge!

Sarah said...

Great Tracy - thanks for joining in at My Mojo Monthly. You are definitely feeling the colour this week. That's a fab background for the mermaid - perfect for the sea feeling...Great multi-coloured stamping on the card too.

Dymphie said...

love your interpretation of both challenges, cool work Tracy.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog :)
Dymphie

Gez Butterworth said...

Great Atc and card Tracy. Love the inky background on your Atc. Perfect :)

Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh, loving those leftover used up bits... I always bin stuff, I shouldn't really, maybe I will take a leaf out of your book and try and come up with something too :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper hun x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love that mermaid--love Stampotique! Such great images:) And I LOVE that second card--love the circles and the soft colors! You nailed the challenge:) THANKS for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Basement Stamper said...

both cards are fabulous, love the scraps you used on the mermaid card. Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love that mermaid! Love the way you have used these scraps!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two wonderful piece, love those mermaids.

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous inky creations Tracy! I love the mermaid!
Have a great weekend!
Alison xx

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful projects. The mermaid is eerie and perfect for a siren of the sea.

Electra said...

Both pieces are great, love your use of colour!