Sunday 3 July 2011

The Altered Alice Chapter 5 Challenge - Week 1: Tea Things

A new month and time for a new challenge for The Altered Alice.
 `And ever since that,' the Hatter went on in a mournful tone, `he won't do a thing I ask! It's always six o'clock now.'  
A bright idea came into Alice's head. `Is that the reason so many tea-things are put out here?' she asked.
`Yes, that's it,' said the Hatter with a sigh: `it's always tea-time, and we've no time to wash the things between whiles.'
`Then you keep moving round, I suppose?' said Alice.
`Exactly so,' said the Hatter: `as the things get used up.'
`But what happens when you come to the beginning again?' Alice ventured to ask. 


The Mad Hatter's tea table was full of tea-things, with place settings all the way around and many teapots and teacups. Your challenge this month is to have a teapot or teacup on your project, and, as an option, to use something OTHER than a stamped image as your focal point!

That's because The Altered Alice Design Team will be showing off with digital collage sheets from One Crabapple [Etsy Store | Blog], which has some of the most interesting and different Alice in Wonderland categories I've seen! The owner and artist is taking care of some family priorities, so if the store is closed when you visit, just put in your email to be notified when it reopens. It is well worth waiting for I promise; most of the Design Team members had a difficult time making  their choices and a couple of us needed all of everything in the Alice category! The winner will have their choice of five collage sheets from One Crabapple!

 
I decided to use the teacup template from Stampington to create my piece this time around using papers from BoBunny, the Timepiece collection, adding my images to the front of the cover, adding "tea" to the teapot and a brass teapot charm, along with a brass crown to Alice's head.  All the edges of this piece were sponged with Distress Ink and a co-ordinated bow was added to the handle.
I also added the images to shrink plastic, printed on my HP Officejet, and added as charms to my teacup.
"Ask Alice" and hearts complete the front of my teacup.
The inside has had "Time For Tea" added along with the teapot image printed onto shrink plastic and a brass spoon embellishment.  I also added a clock in the centre of my 'O' to continue the theme of time for tea, I love those little touches.
The back of my teacup has had more of the fabulous digi images added along with some text stamped to match the front. A brass teacup charm completes the back.
It was a great challenge for me this time around, using something other than a stamped image as the main focal point.

July is a long month, so you have almost four weeks to enter your project! Be sure to enter before 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time, GMT -5:00) on Friday, July 29. The winner and honorable mentions will be announced the last Sunday of the month, July 31.

I look forward to seeing your entries. Tracy x x 

13 comments:

cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,what a super shape,love all the elements you have added hugs cherylx

Netty said...

Love your teacup card Tracy, so many great things to look at. Annette x

craftytrog said...

A wonderful piece Tracy! I love your Alice! x

Juls said...

this is just so so fantabulous!!! I adore anything to do with tea, bieng a complete tea jenny myself!!! and this creation is just amazing!!! LOVE IT!!! Hugs Juls

Gerri Herbst said...

Oh Tracy this is incredible...love evrything about it! take care, gerri

flutterbycrafter said...

This is such a wonderful piece, love the use of the teacup and all the little embellishments xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy....I love all those little touches too! Great piece.

Micupoftea said...

It's ALWAYS time for tea...love the shrink plastic~

Anonymous said...

Tracy
This is just so fabulous. Great details.
Wishes
Lynne

Rika said...

Great card, very creative!

Suzanne C said...

Love the shrinky dink images! So cool as an embellishment. Lovely tea cup!

Ineke Original said...

Wow! Just love this! Well done!

DonnaMundinger said...

Sorry I had missed this because of our July 4th party. WOW, Tracy! This is one fab piece of work! xxD