Thursday 7 July 2011

Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge

Creative Expressions in Kettering are a UK rubber stamping manufacturer for the craft industry. In addition they also produce and distribute a vast array of other craft supplies and distribute a collection of popular multi-national craft brands.  The exciting news is that Creative Expressions have a Design Team Call, all of the details of which you can find HERE. The DT call also requests that you enter in the form of a challenge and the challenge is CALLING CARD which is completely open to your interpretation.  The only requirements of the challenge are that you create a project that includes rubber stamping of some sort and that an ATC is featured somewhere in your piece.

I decided I would create a swatch/book of ATC's, four in all.
I cut four ATC's from mountboard using Tim Holtz ATC and Corners die and cut four pieces from decorative paper from BoBunny. The decorative pieces were then adhered to the mountboard pieces.
As the theme was CALLING CARD I thought I would use my husband's calling cards in my artwork.
I have used Handsome Hares from 100 Proof Press as I thought this was the perfect image as they are looking very dapper, just ready to pay someone a visit. I stamped the image onto my calling card in coffee archival ink and then created a mask which is what you can see on the right by simply stamping onto scrap paper and cutting out.
I have placed my mask over the original image and then taken my Medium Many Line Circle and stamped over the top of the image, keeping the mask in place. Continue until you have stamped over the entire piece.
Remove the mask and your images appear behind the Handsome Hares.
I cut my Handsome Hares to fit my ATC, sponged with Distress Ink vintage photo to age, added a small clock as the Hares need to keep track of time for their special visit and to the bottom I have added computer generated text for "Handsome Hares". On my second ATC we see where the Handsome Hares are travelling, you guessed it to no 17. My image again has been stamped with coffee archival ink onto a calling card and aged with vintage photo ink. My next two ATC represent the time they arrive for their appointment which is 12.20, represented on my clock on the right, along with a key for the door. The next ATC represents when they left which was 3pm.  I have used the Many Line Circle image once again and added Alpha Parts to represent the numbers of the clock and a Journey Philosophy tag added to represent their journey. The sentiment is obviously perfect as I agree the "world of imagination is boundless".
The completed piece has been bound together with a book ring with added co-ordinated fibres and ribbon.

Why not pop along to Creative Expressions and enter the DT call yourself.  GOOD LUCK, Tracy x x

19 comments:

craftytrog said...

Your ATCs are so inspiring Tracy, I love your colour palette! Good luck with the DT call! xx

Meggymay said...

Love your set of Calling cards, good luck for the DT call your projects are inspirational. Yvonne x

Emma Williams said...

Wonderful take on this challenge...so creative and I love the final piece! Good luck with the challenge and the DT call!
Love Emma xx

Netty said...

Smashing take on the challenge, good luck with the DT call. x

Barb Cady said...

Love this set Tracy, especially the colour range, and the theme, and the stamps. Great!

G Peplow said...

Hi There Tracy, Great ATC's, love the dapper duo of hares and the others are fab too:0) Good luck, I hope that you're successful with the DT application, Gay xxx

cheryl said...

oh hun these are brilliant great calling cards,good luck with the DT call hun but you wont need it hugs cheryl xxxx

Creative Studios by Sam Poole said...

Lovely entry Tracey - Good luck! Sam x

flutterbycrafter said...

Gosh these are fabulous, such creativity, wonderful

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fantastic Tracy - the peeps over at Creative Expressions are bound to love these. I do!

Lori said...

Very cool Tracy! Love how your masking came out, mine usually isn't near as good. lol. These are all wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy, they are gorgeous. Good luck with the DT. S xx

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, your ATCs are gorgeous. Good luck with the DT - if I was in charge I would hire you!

Gerri Herbst said...

Absolutely stunning! Good Luck on the DT position too.

Suzanne C said...

FAB U LOUS! Love these little calling cards! This is wonderful! Good Luck!

Suzi B said...

Fabulous Tracey... love them all. Good luck!
Sue x

Juls said...

wow!!!! These are just Fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love this - what a brilliant set!

Lynn Stevens said...

Now these are calling cards I'd remember.
They would be crazy not to pick you. Your art ROCKS!!!!Good luck with the DT call.
hugs Lynn