Tuesday 12 July 2011

DREAM

Simon Says Stamp and Show some STITCHING, FAUX or OTHERWISE.
My image in the centre is from a postcard that Crafty Individuals sent me with an order which I have added to a fabric heart. I have machine stitched the trim into place along with the other trimmings and lace.
I have hand sewn co-ordinated buttons into place and added the text "Dream" to go with my dreamy image.
I transferred the image onto watercolour card using gel medium and added a mica piece over the top to protect.  I have sewn a copper heart to the bottom of my fabric heart and added three co-ordinated buttons to the bottom. The butterfly is cut from card using Tim Holtz movers and shapers die and I have hand sewn a button to the body. The decorative heart has been added to co-ordinated card which has been machine stitched into place.
I have also added the same image on a smaller scale to the inside corner of my card.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

19 comments:

Twiglet said...

That is really lovely - super colours and all together a fab creation!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is stunning! I love the colors, and the little image on the inside.

Meggymay said...

Wow, a gorgeous piece, love your colours and the details. Yvonne xx

Candy C said...

Wow, Tracy! This is amazing! There is soooo much detail and technique on this piece! I love it! When we said "stitching" YOU DID SOME STITCHING! :) Thanks so much for sharing this bit of loveliness with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is one stunning piece so much detail just love the colors hugs cheryl xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the buttons and the trim around the heart!! "Sew" lovely! ; )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning - and what a fab way to recycle the postcard!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the trim. :) Sweet images and love the touches of stitching!

Barb Cady said...

I love hearts, and this is a joy to look at, so many elements and layers. What a really lovely card, beautiful.

Emma Williams said...

Stunning! I could get lost in this creation, it's just so beautiful, Tracy...an absolute dream! :)
Love Emma xx

Lori said...

I hate to make a pun, but this is DREAMY! lol! I love the colors, it's fabulous!

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous I like the colours, the buttons, stitching and everything else, wonderful xx

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Tracy,
this one is breath taking. I adore all the textures and layers and all that blue...gerri :)

craftytrog said...

Wow!!!! Stunning piece Tracy, & so inspiring! x

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning Tracy, I adore the teal and all the lace.
hugs Lynn

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous! I always love your work,

Lucy x

Sid said...

Very unusual and pretty !!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

OMG, this is absolutely stunning Tracy!! Someone is going to be very lucky to recieve this beauty!! :)
Jan x

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love all the textures! Hugs Juls