Saturday 2 July 2011

Floral Bouquet......

.......for 100 Proof Press weekly DT piece created using the Flower Face stamp.
I created the background using Distress Stains broken china and wild honey and spritzed with water.  I used Old Script to add text to the background in coffee archival ink.
I created the jar using the Inspiration Jars from The Artistic Stamper which I stamped onto acetate and coloured with Alcohol Ink cloudy blue, again adding old script to the jar. I coloured a second piece of glossy card with Distress Stain wild honey and stamped my flowers onto the coloured background with coffee archival ink. Each flower was then cut out and added to my card along with green twine for the stems.
I also added one of the flowers as a dangle on my jar which I stamped onto shrink plastic and added to the jar with a jump ring. I also added a circular fragment, again coloured with alcohol ink and stamped part of the floral image onto the fragment. To complete, I added a birthday sentiment and a bee charm.

I would also like to enter this piece for the Grungy Monday challenge which this week is to used Tim's alcohol ink technique HERE, along with the challenge over at Happy Daze where the challenge is Dangly Things and I have added a dangly floral from my jar so hope this counts.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the weekend.  Tracy x x

15 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, the daisies look wonderful in the jar!

Sarah said...

These are fabulous colours together and I love the bright modern look of the flowers with a shabby feel!
Sarah

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the colour combo, the daisies are lovely particularly the little one dangling from the jar. xx

Juls said...

oooh wow!!!! this is just FABULOUS!!! HUgs Juls

cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun just love it hugs cheryl xxx

Suzanne Bouchard said...

WHat a nice card. I love your color combo.

craftytrog said...

So beautiful! I love those colours Tracy! x

Lynn Stevens said...

Tracy, there you go getting artsy again, Bravo!!! Love the cool colors of water. perfect for a hot summer day
hugs Lynn

Lori said...

Beautiful Tracy! Love the detail and colors of the flowers, and that blue background!

Emma Williams said...

I don't know where time goes and you have posted some amazing creations since I last visited but there was something about this one, that just made me go...wow! The colours are stunning and the detail is second to none. Lovely work, as always!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Love Emma xx

Zue said...

Nice and summery, the jar is my favourite bit!!
A nice, grungey blue jar...magic!

Sue xx

Suzanne C said...

Love the translucent jar and the beautiful flowers. Wonderful details.

Ginger said...

what a lovely dangly thing, thank you so much for entering the challenge this month. G x

Moira said...

Fabulous

Marita Soutar said...

Really love the colours of this piece and the sereness of the design!