Monday 18 July 2011

Take Flight

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show some EMBOSSING. I chose to make a tag accordion this week with butterflies being my theme.
My accordion has been coloured with Adirondack Denim Color Wash and spritzed with water to lighten the colour a little.  My images (Tim's Papillon set and a stamp from Stampington and Company) have been embossed with white embossing powder.  The central panel has been embossed with the Diamonds in the Rough Cuttlebug embossing folder and the raised areas highlighted with Adirondack snow cap ink pad.
Buttons, Idea-Ology and a butterfly definition have been added to embellish my piece.
This is the reverse of my accordion.
My dimensional flower has been created using the Tattered Florals die and it just so happens that the Sunday Stamper challenge this week is to build your own FLOWER EMBELLISHMENT so this fits perfectly.
The leaves are from Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley and the sentiment is one of Tim's. I have added silver paint dabber to my key and added wings to follow on with my theme. The butterfly on the left is a wooden butterfly I had in my collection which has been coloured with DI faded jeans and the edges have been highlighted with silver paint dabber. The butterfly in the centre has been cut using Tim's movers and shapers die.
To complete I have added co-ordinated ric rac to the tops of my tags.

I would also like to enter this piece into The Stampman Challenge which this time around is anything by Tim.

Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy your week.  Tracy x x

29 comments:

Suzi B said...

This is fabulous Tracey... Love that stamp set I'm waiting for carol to get it at The CH
Sue :)

G Peplow said...

WOW Tracy, this is truly gorgeous, I love all the beautiful elements, brilliant make, Gay xxx

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love all the colours and embellishments xx

Gillian .... said...

Love the blue & white colour combo together especially with this stamp set Tracy, and I really like the contrasting shades of blue. x

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

I love what you do with Tim's Papillon set, another wonderful butterfly creation :)

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous as always. Love when you create the multi panels as there is always so many beautiful details.

Willy said...

Such an amazing piece, Tracy!

Carol Q said...

you have created some gorgeous items with these stamps Tracy but this is definitely my fave. just gorgeous and lots to look at.

Barb Cady said...

This is beautiful Tracy, I love the way you use blue with the white embossing.

Belinda Basson said...

wow, I love your monochromatic blues!

Netty said...

Terrific tag accordian and loving your colour choice. The beautiful white butterflies really pop. Fab piece Tracy. Annette x

Nancy said...

I love this, Tracy! A tag accordion - love it! Your colors, images - beautiful!!
Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful accoridan card - love the colors and your beautiful added blossom!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag accordion really like the colour combo and the embossing really makes this set pop!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Truly stunning Tracy! So much detail to look at. I do hope you are applying for their DT! You would rock their challenges (gosh dont I sound young!)

Lori said...

Beautiful, Tracy! Love the colors you used, and the embossing is perfect! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

craftytrog said...

Utterly stunning! I love the white images on that blue BG Tracy! x

Juls said...

fabulous!! Love the blue and white together!! Hugs Juls

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor blimey WOWZERS!!!! This is amazing, so much detail and all those different elements just work perfectly together... LOVE that flower! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper hun x

Dragon said...

Woo, missus, this is fabulous... I lob=ve the stamp and what you have done with it is vey special
Frankie
xx

Debbie said...

Absolutely love this! Great technique! Love the blue! Awesome flower too!

PsyPenguin said...

Beautiful! The colours work so well with the butterfly theme and I love all the details. The big flower is fab. xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Absolutely love this. Love the cloudy blue with the white,

Lucy x

Trish said...

this is gorgeous!

Gerda Weiland said...

Wow.............gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Love it, so beautiful done and the colours are to die for.
Thanks for sharing

Lynn Stevens said...

Be still my heart, Love all your things with wings, and perfect colors to cool us down a bit!
hugs Lynn

Unknown said...

What a beautiful piece of work this is and I love these colors.

Have also become follower.

Greetings

Scrapfanaat Peter, Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Tracy ! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x