Monday 5 September 2011

"It Is Better To Read A Little And Ponder A Lot............................

Than to read a lot and ponder a little", my quote used on my bookmark for the Stampotique challenge.
I had a piece of watercolour card leftover from a previous project and really just wanted to play with some sprays and paint for a change and create a more vibrant background thank I usually create.  I used Altered Originals sprays by Dyan in burnt orange and sky blue, adding water to blend.
I used Minky Girl (available from The Stamp Attic), coloured with my new Prismacolor pencils, which I am loving at the moment, cut out the image and added to my bookmark along with some text torn from an old book. Machine stitching was also added for a little more dimension.
I found the quote on-line which I thought was perfect for a bookmark.  Text was added using Basic Backgrounds from Dyan Reaveley along with a diamond background from the same set stamped with white acrylic paint for texture. Circles were also added dipped into Gesso. HELLO (also from Stampotique) was added to a coloured background using Distress Ink and added to the bookmark.
I added acetate to the top of the bookmark to give protection as my daughter Laura has already claimed this piece LOL. I did enjoy recycling and creating an inky background just for the fun of it. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.  Enjoy your week.  Tracy x x




29 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Love it, wonderful background, perfect image and the quote, just ideal xx

Anonymous said...

Although I don't own any stamps from this range they always make me smile. They are so ugly that they are actually adorable.
Well I certainly read a lot, I love books, always been a Bookworm so this appeals to me on so many levels.
Wishes
Lynne

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is lovely, I love the colours and the stamp is great! Trace x

Cath Wilson said...

Love this, Tracy. The colours are fab - is this another need? Love the image, too and feel the same as Lynne - don't have any but love to see them. I also read a lot and love bookmarks, so right up my street. Beautiful work.

Carol Q said...

FABulous background and your sentiment is perfect for the stampotique stamps.

Laura said...

Great bookmark. Love all the elements.

Meggymay said...

Its a super bookmark, love the words. Yvonne x

Helen said...

Hope the bookmark gets lots of use! It is truly beautiful. Still hoping to play before the challenge closes...

Sandy said...

Absolutely stunning Tracy.
So wonderful bookmark. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Love love love it!!! x

Emma Williams said...

Love Stampotique, so this is a winner for me!! Love, love, love...
Hope you had a great weekend.
Love Emma xx

Netty said...

Smashing background and loving the words. xx

Sue said...

This is fab Tracy, I love your torn pages and your inky background x

Jayne C said...

Fab bookmark Tracy....not surprised your daughter has claimed it!!! x

patcrafts said...

Great bookmark love everything about it, like Jayne I am not surprised your DD has claimed it.

Gerri Herbst said...

Incredible bookmark! So wonderful, I would claim it too! take care, gerri

hazel said...

Wonderful bookmark, I love the background and the great sentiment.
xxx Hazel.

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous bookmark Tracy. I love all the different elements that you have pulled together to make work perfectly on your bookmark.

Sorry it's been a while since I called..promise to catch up soon.. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute bookmark! Love the vibrant colors for your BG and coloring of Minky!

Willy said...

Beautiful bookmark with wonderful background! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 37.

Barb Cady said...

Terrific bookmark Tracy, and love the colours in the background. Great idea with the acetate as I can't enjoy a good book without a cuppa and a biscuit! xx

salamanda said...

Very good quote, will need to ponder it some more. Watercolour background lovely and bright and inky

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh this is lovely, and the colours are fabulous - right up my alley! Thanks for joining the challenge :-)

Anonymous said...

What a stunning background! Love your bookmark. Thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

Debbie said...

Really, really, really LOVE this! Fantastic design, image and love the sentiment! Fabulous colours!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just fantastic, love it.

shirley said...

Love the background and sentiment.

joanne wardle said...

fabulous bookmark and I love the quote.
thanks for taking part in the stampotique challenge

Suzanne C said...

Love the colors on the background and the little sentiment.