Wednesday 23 November 2011

Black and White Christmas...........

.................using the fabulous new Christmas Set from Indigo Blu, Here Comes Santa for my DT piece for The Stamp Attic.
Wendy sent me a little wooden arch (ICON) to decorate which I thought would be perfect for my non traditional Christmas card. I painted the wood with a coat of Gesso and then two coats of Black acrylic paint (the black Paint Dabber is perfect for this). I said last time that I would be using this sentiment many times and here it is once again on the front of my arch, stamped in StazOn Stone Gray. How do you like my zipper floral? Wendy has zipper in the shop, perfect for these flowers (they would be great for a steampunk creation, something on my to-do list!); and the white zipper is perfect for colouring with your Distress Stains. The edges of my arch have been coloured with white embossing powder. The edges needed something and the embossing powder worked perfectly to add a little interest to the black background.
In the centre I have stamped the fabulous tree from the Here Comes Santa set, in stone gray ink onto white card, cut out each one and added to the panels. I have added JOY and NOEL to Jump Rings and added the Merry Christmas sentiment.
This set also comes with a fabulous snowflake stamp which I have stamped onto circles and added to the back cover.  Once again I have added Merry Christmas and SNOW to jump rings to complete my piece.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

11 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Tracy, Great look with the B & W. Really makes the white pop! Love your zipper rose.
Hugs Lynn

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the monochromatic look of this project

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous Tracy, love it! Kim

flutterbycrafter said...

These are fabulous xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab arch in B&W, love the zipper flower!

Sandy said...

OMG I´ve missed my words.
Tracy this is perfect.
Stunning black and white creation.

Suzanne C said...

Very elegant! Beautiful use of the black and white colors.

G Peplow said...

Beautiful work Tracy, Black and white and a wonderful sentiment too, I'm getting all Christmassy now, Thanks:0) Gay xxx

Emma Williams said...

I hate to sound like a broken record, lol ~ but this is just fabulous, as always. It's stunning, Tracy!
Love Emma xx

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Great project Tracy. I love your zipper rose. I really don't know how you keep coming up with such amazing ideas..!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I am just about to sit down with a cuppa and slice of cake to watch Masterchef.
Siobhan xx

Sarah said...

I love this monochrome colour scheme Tracy.So stylish, a little bit different and rather classy! A great festive decoration indeed!