Thursday 16 February 2012

Moments To Remember

A little vintage creation for my DT piece this week for The Stamp Attic using the fabulous VINTAGE set.
I have stamped the ruler and crown in the background with Archival Inks coffee and black and then sponged with Distress Ink brushed corduroy to give that vintage feel to my card. Throw into the mix a little matting onto Bazzill card and some machine stitching and my background is complete.
I have cut three hearts from thick card and covered with torn vintage paper added a little Distress Stain picket fence to tone the text down a little and to add to that aged feel, added a little machine stitching for dimension and stamped my images with Archival Ink. To add a little more interest I have hand stitched three of the Maya Road mini spools to one of my hearts.
"Moments To Remember" sentiment seemed the perfect finishing touch to my card.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

17 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that'a a fabulous collage.

Sandy said...

Fantastic vintage piece Tracy.
Really beautiful with the sewing hearts. Awesome. xoxo

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful vintage card! Love the added stitching and spools!

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh Tracy! I love your card. The stitching and spool ass so much!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh, love this piece, and the spools...........so clever!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is gorgeous Tracy. Your work is always so inspiring.
Thanks for the comments on my blog, I am sitting up in bed with my laptop catching up with a few blogs. So hopefully on the mend at last!!
Siobhan x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Tracy
Thanks for visiting earlier.
The stitching adds such interest as does the vintage text and spools.
Wishes
Lynne

Carol Q said...

great mix of stamps, inks and embellishments Tracy.

Brenda said...

loveee this!!
hugs
Brenda

Brenda Brown said...

Another stunner, such a dynamic composition Tracy.
hugs {brenda] xox

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun you know how much I love your work and this really is amazing Hun,love the detail hugs Cherylxxxx

Barb Cady said...

I've seen so many heart pieces this week, and done them myself, but this is one of the best. Love the composition x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. Maddy x

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous card and I love the stitching detail on it...really stunning!
Hope you have a good weekend, Tracy.
Love Emma xx

Suzanne C said...

Love how you are incorporating the hearts in your designs! Fab! Beautiful!

hazel said...

A fabulous vintage card, love the stitching and the spools.
xxx Hazel.

G Peplow said...

Totally wonderful Tracy, love it xx