Friday 9 March 2012

Rose Garden

This months DT for Creative Expressions is using Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose stamp set and Spellbinders coorindated Bella Rose Die Template.
I decided on a Mothers Day card with a monochromatic feel using wild honey Distress Ink. My background was stamped with the rose bud using a VersaMark stamp pad and embossed with clear embossing powder and then blended with wild honey Distress Ink. Both my panels top and bottom of the easel were decorated in ths way.
I used two doily's as my backdrop to the roses which I machine stitched into place, they seemed the perfect addition to a beautiful rose, a delicate touch. I added an Ornate Plate for a little more interest and dimension.
I added MUM to the top of my card using an alphabet stamp set again sponged with wild honey Distress Ink adding vintage photo to the edges.
Three decorative gems top and bottom add the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

13 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

My fave ink colour...wonderful card.

Netty said...

Beautiful card. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Sandy said...

Wow really beautiful card Tracy.
Gorgeous work. Love it.

Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend. xoxo

flutterbycrafter said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colours xx

Gabrielle said...

I love the Wild Honey and white together - an amazing combination. The doilies look fabulous too! Have a great weekend x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful Yellow Roses! Lovely doily showcase with the ornate frame!

Emma Williams said...

A beautiful card and such beautiful colours...it's really fabulous!
Love Emma xx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Tracy.

Alison said...

Beautiful!!!
Have a wonderful weekend Tracy x

hazel said...

This is so lovely Tracy - beautiful colour.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY breathtaking!!!!!!! Such a beautiful card!!!

Gerri Herbst said...

This is simply stunning...Bravo to the use of orange!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful easel card - love the added doily!