Tuesday 17 April 2012

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012

Tim's April tag has a very Spring feel to it this month.
I stamped the background from the Papillon set with black Archival ink and once again a little improvisation on my part, I used the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder for my embossed background then blended broken china and wild honey Distress Inks over the top of the embossed area. The focal point is the Bird Branch die, coloured with Distress Inks and a little peeled paint Distress Powder added to the leaves.
An Idea-ology word band adds a little more interest and dimension, secured in place with natural string.
As is per normal for me I had to add a little more in the form of a Mini Tattered Floral, cut from an old Hymn book and coloured with wild honey Distress Ink. Coordinated ribbon completes my tag.

All the products used on my tag are available from The Stamp Attic.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

25 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is great, love the additions ..reminded me ..I must make mine!! Hugs trace x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the embossed background with the stamping Tracy and the bird and flower are great additions.
Enjoy your day.
hugs {brenda} xox

Rita said...

What a fabulous card Tracey. I love the bird on the branch and the beautiful colours that you have used. Hugs Rita xx

Helen said...

I knew there was an important challenge I haven't done yet, lol. Your tag is gorgeous. I failed to buy some word bands on Saturday (and they were on my list too...)oh well, wonder what else I have!!

Sandy said...

Really gorgeous Tag my dear Tracy.
Love the flower.
Fabulous job. xoxo

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeousness! I love the little flower and your background! Lovely!

cheryl said...

oh wow Tracey How I love your tags,the detail is always first class,the colours and stamps are always so beautifully matched,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Hermine said...

Fab tag!

Lori said...

Gorgeous tag, Tracy! That reminds me, I need to get cranking on that! lol! We'll see how that goes.

TonyR said...

the more i see this die being used the more i want it! ooops i have ordered it! lol!
love your colours and design as always -- better than the 'original' i think!
xx tony

flutterbycrafter said...

Great work, must try using this die, love the colours you've used xx

Gillian .... said...

The embossed background looks terrific Tracy, love the colours & design to this tag. x

Emma Williams said...

A fabulous take on Tim's tag...love the colours you've chosen and the embossed background is perfect!! FABULOUS, as always..
Love Emma xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Nice work!!! I love the added embossing...looks grand! I so need to do my April tag!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooooh, I think I need to acquire that EF... love the stripes! And your coloring is as usual GORGEOUS. Beautiful tag, Tracy!

PetraB said...

A wonderful tag, the background is amazing.

Lynn Stevens said...

Love that background!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's a fabulous tag, love the crown.

Carol said...

Fabulous tag I like you stamp in the background

Alison said...

Beautiful tag Tracy! Love the flower!
Alison xx

Suzanne C said...

Fabulous take on Tim's tag. The wood grain over the text works perfectly!

Candy C said...

Yay Tracy!!! You won a prize on Tim's blog for your April tag!!! Way to go!!!
Hugs! Candy

Linda said...

Congratulations on being an April winner xx

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

Congratulations on winning the April tag! I especially love the music flower and embossed stripes from the cuttlebug folder! Love this!

~Vanessa W

Winnie said...

Congratulations on your winning April tag..How exciting for you..Can't wait to see your May Tag!