Sunday 3 June 2012

Altered Alice Chapter 16 Challenge, Week 1 - Postal/Letter Theme

Another month, wow I cannot believe we are in June already, I say it every month but time is passing by so quickly and here we are again for our monthly challenge with The Altered Alice

Our theme this month is Postal/Letter and here is this month's snippet from the book.


The Fish-Footman began by producing from under his arm a great letter, nearly as large as himself, and this he handed over to the other, saying, in a solemn tone, `For the Duchess. An invitation from the Queen to play croquet.' The Frog-Footman repeated, in the same solemn tone, only changing the order of the words a little, `From the Queen. An invitation for the Duchess to play croquet.'
Then they both bowed low, and their curls got entangled together.
--Chapter 6, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 

Our generous sponsor this month is STAMP ATTACK and the Design Team have been working with their new Alice Faux Postage and Mouses Tail sets.
As we are celebrating the Jubilee this weekend and the Olympics are just around the corner, I decided to give Alice and friends a patriotic makeover.
I began with an inky background using fired brick Distress Ink and spritzing with water for added interest. I then applied faded jeans to the edges. Using a Union Jack stencil I added Distress Inks to colour, cut out and added to the top of my card. I also added a stencilled tea pot, well we do love our tea so it seemed the perfect addition to my very English/patriotic card.
I added the Wonderland Postage stamp to the centre of my flag, colouring a little with faded jeans ink. The 'W' was cut from white card using the Word Play die, again colouring with Distress Ink to coordinate with my stamped images.
I stamped each image with black Archival Ink and coloured with Distress Markers and of course Alice and friends are all dressed in red, white and blue, what else could I use especially the weekend we are celebrating the Jubilee.
There is a fabulous prize for the winner this month a Gift Certificate for £13.50, so what are you waiting for, come join in the fun over at The Altered Alice, you have the whole month to create something and join us down the rabbit hole.

I would also like to enter this into The Sunday Stamper challenge which this week is to use Red,White and Blue.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x



15 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the whole design of this piece...super work as always Tracy

Sandy said...

Wow I´m speachless.
This is so gorgeous.
Absolutely lovely and the stamps perfect. xoxo

Rita said...

Wow, What a fabulous piece of art. I just love how you have brought it all to-gether. Absolutely brilliant card Tracy. Hugs Rita xx

Netty said...

Loving this fab design, x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed Tracy and a great take on the theme.
Happy Jubilee weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

pooky said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Lynne Phelps said...

Brilliant job Tracy! Love all the borders and the way they echo the bars of the Union Jack! GREAT interpretation of the challenge!

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card Tracy, LOVE that teapot! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... have a good week x

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Tracy! This is soo gorgeous and a fabulous tribute to Alice AND the Queen! LOVE it! xxD

Redanne said...

Love the design, the stamps, the muted colours, perfect for the occasion. A x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I love the whole design...fab stamps, but that teapot is superb!!!!

Carol Q said...

great layout Tracy. love the layering.

Suzanne C said...

Sweet design. Lovely color combo and the teapot with the flag is wonderful!

Sue said...

I love 'Alice' & this is a great twist in red, white & blue. That white rabbit is so cute. Love the stamps. Sx

hazel said...

A fabulous piece Tracy. I love Alice and I love the stamps.
xxx hazel.